Thursday, November 12, 2009

Why does IE have to be so difficult?


I just spent the past 4 hours trying to figure out which part of the code to edit so i can replace the default typed out blog title to the one featured in the image above. It was a slow and tedious process. I change one thing, something else shifts. I forget a letter or delete something by accident, the preview doesn't work and i can't publish it online.

It was all so very confusing and damn right frustrating.

And only by accident did i manage to remove the menu bar that was at the top [featuring links and blogs that i frequently visit]. But that wasn't what i wanted to do to begin with. Even though the designer had designed it that way, somehow i wasn't feelin' it. So that took an hour or so to figure out which part of the script that was.

So everything looked fine and dandy in Firefox. But then Safari decides to add the 'Title' to the top - which i didn't want but then managed to fix.

And just when i thought i could go to bed, i thought i'd check on J's PC what the blog looks like on Internet Explorer.
.
.
.
And damn it, it wasn't even there! My header was missing. All that work for nothing.

So for all you Internet Explorer users out there, it's because of YOU that i'm changing my template... again! But i can't be arsed to do it right now, it's way past my bed time.

As a wise fellow designer once told me, i must remember to K.I.S.S: Keep It Simple Stupid.

2 comments:

Duke said...

google chrome

winkris said...

Hmmm... great. Well i'll see if i can d/l it on the PC.

Fingers crossed that nothing goes missing or anything starts shifting. My arse is getting tired from sitting on this chair for so long =p

But thanks for the heads up! =)