Monday, April 14, 2008

Expectation and Acceptance

I received this message in my inbox from my Kundalini Yoga teacher back in KL...
Expectation and Acceptance
Expectation is the Mother of Frustration.
Acceptance is the Mother of Peace and Joy.
Never Expect, Always Accept
All i could think was, how appropriate!

Most people are guilty of judging others firsthand and the saying, "don't judge a book by its cover" is one that is taught at an early age. Unfortunately, many are quick to judge. I admit, i am guilty of doing so to a certain degree however i don't think ones' Past is a valid reason to dislike another.

People should not be so narrow minded.

Ones' Past can definitely influence the development of a person but what is important is how one uses his/her experiences to progress/improve. If anything, being told to be cautious and be open to opinions is good. But to immediately pigeonhole and dictate what is right and wrong for another, is simply not fair.

Life is not fair. And neither is it stagnant. No two moments will ever be the same.

We are constantly having to make choices.

The choice between one or another will change the direction of any future in an instant. I guess you can call it ones' Destiny. Obviously, some choices are better than others but at the end of the day, as long as one is living ones' life and pushing forward than that should already be a positive step. I've been given the opportunity to start a new Life, which i will be forever grateful, and with it comes a slice of Happiness that i've yearned for for years.

And so, i've decided to follow my heart.

I will stand my ground and be patient. I am not blind and am very aware what might lie ahead. But nobody is certain what the future holds. So i will bite my tongue to avoid yet another heated argument. I will do as i'm told and in return, hope my decision can be respected rather than be put down.

So for the time being, i am taking steps to learn a new language, so one day be financially independent again. Live a new life and perhaps one day the Guilt that has been inflicted upon me will diminish.

It is true, only Time will tell.

No comments: