Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sunshine and Toxic Hues

I'm not sure what happened to Spring but all i know is the weather has decided to become shit again. It refuses to rise above 10˙C and one can expect sunshine, gusty winds, rain and/or hail at any given time.

The sun has this magical effect of luring people out of their hiding spots and somehow manages to improve moods almost instantly. I guess that's why they call it the Winter Blues because without the sun, moods tend to be lower. But the weather gods decided to give Bonn a break on Saturday - for a few hours.

At last the sun came out in full glory. I looked outside my window and noticed there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. Acting like it was Christmas in April, i hurried down my step ladder and couldn't wait to go outside.


C: Quick! Quick... let's go buy rolls and go down to the Rhein!
B: Uhhh... [It was just inching towards 10am and Boobers was still wiping sleep from her eye].
C: >.<
I'm not sure where that eager beaver-ness in me came from but it didn't last that long. We didn't end up going down to the Rhein. And we never did buy those rolls to nibble on. I guess the enthusiasm weakened as the minutes flew. But i must say it was a good idea at the time.

Instead my sister and i walked towards the city centre and took advantage of the great weather. What's the point of staying indoors/taking the tram when the weather is so beautiful right? Let's just walk.


So off we were on one our mini adventures through Bonn. We strolled along the little streets absorbing the sights, sounds and smells of the Market square. It seemed like everyone was out and about that day.

We turned down one street and i'm not sure whether it was the toxic hues that keeps grabbing my attention or the subject matter that draws me towards the mixed media paintings. But each time i pass, i can't help but peep through the window.

:: Shop across ::

So whilst random tourists and locals slowed down to take a snap shot of the famous Beethoven's place of residence, i whipped out my camera to take a shot of some local art.

No comments: