Monday, April 21, 2008

The temperature is rising...

Is it just me or does it feel like the days are flying by much faster now?

Not only has yet another weekend come and gone but believe it or not, i'm already on my third week of learning German! *Gasps* But i must say, even though it's only week 3 i can understand a big percentage of what i'm reading now in class. It's just trying to construct the sentences in the right order and with the correct grammar is what i'm having slight issues with.

I guess it comes down to practice. They do say, Practice makes Perfect. Well i'm not sure about Perfect, but i'm sure as hell thinking positive.

Anyway, apologies for my absence. I was away for the weekend and was too knackered to do a write up last night.

Friday afternoon, i made my way to the train station. This time when i went to the information centre to get my ticket, the guy said i could just purchase the local train ticket with the machine outside. And pointed me in the direction. Thinking to myself, OK it can't be SO HARD. Just follow what the guy said. So i trotted along to the orange coloured machines and found the specific code for DÜSSELDORF and hoped to god that whatever i pressed was the correct destination. And lucky for me i'm not dyslexic because after inserting my money, out spewed my non-refundable 13,80 Euro ticket and my destination was cleared marked.

Arriving an hour later, i received a call from J that he was going to miss his last class since the weather was so great and he wanted to spend the afternoon with me outdoors. So we spent some quality time just walking through the local Park and chatting by the Rhein. We ended up at some outdoor Seafood place and started the evening with a few beers...


Eventually the sun disappeared and then almost instantly it started to get really cold. Our next mission was to go to the supermarket, so we could get the ingredients for dinner. Unfortunately, there are no photos of the food because i guess we were so hungry that by the time the timer went off on the oven, the last thing i wanted to do was look for my camera. Dinner was salmon with a creamy sauce, my own mashed potato and spinach with cream. And even though dinner was past midnight, it was well worth the wait and i must say my mashed potatoes kicked arse!

Our Saturday ritual is me cooking my famous omelet with tomato and cheese. Washing it all down with Champers and coffee. There was some left over mashed potato so we tucked into that too. Then lazed around in bed watching DVDs and sneaking in a nap or two in between. The weather wasn't looking too great so there was no need to venture out until it was time to return the DVDs.

Usually J and i have the flat to ourselves but the past weekend his flat mate and her boyfriend were there. So there we were 2 separate Worlds hiding behind closed doors. And only crossing paths when it was time to emerge from ones' den and invade the kitchen.

J bought me various Made in Germany chocolates to try. And although i am not a HUGE chocolate fan he insisted i try them just so i can say, YES i have tried [insert chocolate] and YES it's good/bad/sweet/tastes yucky. After the tasting session, i was able to pick my favorite; duplo. It's like a cross between a kit kat, chocolate mousse and wafer biscuit. YES it was yummy!

He also bought me a grape fruit flavored weiss beer which i must say wasn't so bad. I can only compare it with say, Hoegaarden Belgium beer and imagine swirling grapefruit juice in your mouth after. I know it sounds a bit off but the after taste is rather pleasant. Or interesting to say the least.

Sunday brought the most beautiful weather. For the first time in a long time, i was able to walk around in a t-shirt. And instead of jumping on the train to return to Bonn, J drove me back, which i thought was very nice. It was great to have the sunroof open and feel the suns' rays on my skin. It was such a nice day to drive back and i am so grateful that we got the rest of the day to spend with one another.

And since the weather remained nice, it didn't make sense to stay indoors so J, my sister and i then spent the rest of the afternoon drinking 0.5 litre Weiss biers at a nearby cafe and sharing one too many laughs. So at last, the weather is getting warmer! Let's hope it'll continue like this. It was a perfect ending to such a relaxing weekend and hopefully many more to come.


But like Nelly Furtado's, All Good Things Come to An End i must piss off now and get back to studying German. I have ANOTHER test tomorrow morning. Ewwwww... to nouns and verbs. Practically everything has a gender; masculine, feminine, neutral. Plural or singular? Formal or Informal? Yay for even longer words and complicated sentence structures.

'til next time... Tshüss!

No comments: