Monday, August 07, 2006

Before i die...

According to my passport, it states that i'm Dutch. Yes believe it or not, my nationality falls under the land of windmills, canals, tulips, freakishly tall blonde people, prostitution, excellent graphic design and amongst other things.

And eventually i will say good-bye to Asia and take my designery arse to my 'homeland' and be one of the best muthafuckin' graphic designers.

But before that, my dream is to get to Amsterdam and be amongst 40,000 people in an arena under amazing pyrotechnics, lasers that can only be described as mind blowing and see a console set up like no other.

I'm talking about Sensation Black.

You can watch the 2005 trailer, which is absolutely fucking fantabulous... both my computer at my old office, present office and at home has this site bookmarked. I love it... the recent was on the 8th of July 2006.

And it all started in my early teens. I've always listened to dance music. Yes the typical commercial crap that you hear on the radio and the Top 20 dance Techno compilation CDs. You the know the ones that keep getting played at clubs and then remixed over and over and over.

Then eventually i moved to Melbourne and the scene was so different. I was torn between Dance and tunes that i now like to call Hoochie Mama music. But then i remember my first rave in 2001... Gatecrasher. I went with my [then] boyfriend and his mates.

It was amazing... i'll never forget it. Different tents playing all sorts of dance styles and for once there was no negativity or conflict. Everyone was there for one sole purpose and that was to dance and to lose themselves in the music.

Five years later, i'm still in love with the music, the vibe and every component. More so now, then ever. Currently my preference in music doesn't fit in the 'housey chillout' range. I'm inclined to go for tunes with a faster BPM. I'm talking about hard house, hard trance, hardstyle... bring on the driving bass lines!

On Sunday, i went over to a mates place and we watched Sensation Black 2006 on his laptop... although they edited it and brought it to 8+ hours, one word to describe it... sensational. We only got through half of it cause we were all so knackered from the weekend. But the more we watched it, the more it convinced me that i MUST get to Amsterdam before i die... ehehe.

Oh oh... and Qlimax. Hmmmm... heaven. You know what, when i grow up... i wanna be a DJ.

I fuckin' love it! Seriously, nothing makes me happier right now than to listen to my favourite DJs absolutely banging it and feeling that rush of complete happiness. Which is probably one of the reasons why i LOVE Hardsequence so much.

6 comments:

Duke said...

I'm in! Name the date and I will go with you...

winkris said...

well next sensation black is scheduled 14 July 2007. But i wanna see what my money situation is like first but the sooner i can start saving... the better... but my spending habits lately doesn't look too good... ehehhe but we will see =)

Ms. Redd said...

open a Sensation Black account babe
muahaha

winkris said...

i wouldn't be surprised if there already is one. And anyway, why would i wanna pretend to be Sensation Black? ahhaha...

I know there's one in myspace... do you know the band Poe? Well somebody pretended to be her and opened a fake account and they got heaps of people to add her to their account but it's not even hers... it's quite funny cause she wrote about it on her site... ahahah.

tek said...

lol..i guess all we party people in asia has the same dream :P was planning on making the trip for either SB or Qlimax or even Trance Energy next year..but that may need to be rescheduled due to uni schedule :(

winkris said...

well mine is more on the financial situation and what events we have planned but mark my words... ONE DAY i will be there =) ehehhe... *waves her patriotic flag*