Friday, April 02, 2010

Friday is Good.


J came home from work yesterday with some vacuum packed fresh fish.

Huh?

Yea, that's what i thought! And yes, that's little Miss Busy Body in the background shoving her face on one of the freezer drawers. Anyway, according to J the employees at his work place get fish as their gift for Good Friday [which is today]. What happened to the good ole' chocolate moulded bunnies and colored Easter eggs?

As someone who eats seafood, i'm not a huge fan of eating fish whole unless of course it has been deboned and they're in fillets. Call me paranoid but i fear a bone is waiting to lodge itself in my esophagus. It would be just my luck! Just like how i'm usually the one to find some kind of insect or worm buried in my lettuce or rice.

Moving on...

Our neighbor told us that on Sunday there's going to be a massive bonfire just up the road from where we live to celebrate Easter. And we were told they're even going to have a few beer stalls set up.


How awesome is that!


I'm still deciding whether the Magic Mouse is here to stay.

Anyway, the past few days i've been so caught up with work. Hours seem to slip past me. It doesn't help that my posture is horrible and i keep sitting cross-legged for hours on end - my knees are starting to hurt. That said, i should really walk around and stretch.

Last night i burned the midnight oil because my deadline was pushed forward a day.

But i also managed to squeeze in 4 hours sleep. Lack of sleep makes me super grumpy [as i'm sure it has that effect on everyone] and no amount of caffeine in the morning helped jumpstart my mood.

23 hours later i'm running on caffeine infused adrenaline and i've met my first deadline.

I'm happy to say that the client [and those with an opinion] were extremely pleased with the results. I even got the minor revisions within the hour. Talk about productive!

I almost forgot what it felt like to have a client who was genuinely happy and appreciative of my work. All those lost hours tweaking curves and kerning letters has just made my eye bags worth it.

I have 5 more hours until my next deadline is due and i can safely say, i'm pretty much done.

Now it's all up to the Chairman who will decide my fate.

*I'm keeping my fingers and knots in my shoulders crossed!*

But i couldn't have done it without the support from J and for him shoving me in the right direction even though i would bitch and moan. I thank him for being so patient with me even though i can be damn right rude and impatient.

I'm sorry.

...


On a furry note, Luna has a fetish for tissues.

.

.

.

Especially the dirty ones.

Not good, since lately J's got the attack of the sniffles. And as much as i love J, picking up his shredded wet tissues off the carpet is kinda gross.

Here she is on her tippy toes like a homeless person digging through trash and not giving two hoots who's watching. When she stands with her hind legs peering over things, she reminds me of a very small child.

She can be fast like lightning with claws to match. I'm still waiting for her to figure out what "Go fetch" means.

And as cats do, she has those crazy moments where she'll race past like her arse is on fire.


Here she looks kinda like a bat with her oversized ears. Every day she's getting more grey hair. She's like my very own furry Benjamin Button slash Transformer. What happened to the shy, i'm-so-little Luna?

Oh and i don't know what happened but she also managed to knock out both her two lower fang teeth.

I should call her Gummy

AND

do you know what the best feeling is right now?

Stretching out on my bed and twisting just enough to hear my spine crack back into place.

It's a horrible habit. I know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. They're milk teeth. She's growing up!

winkris said...

And damn those milk teeth are sharp.

Sigh. Yes my little girl is finally growing up.