Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Blindfolded and taking a step forward.

It's already midweek and i'll be honest and say there hasn't been much progress in the packing department. Apart from removing my bed sheets and taking down the photos i pasted up on the wall, everything seems to be exactly where i left it.

Satan Spawn continues to guard of my apartment whilst i am away and like a visitor in my own apartment, i visit him every other day to feed and keep him company before i get to the office.

I know he misses me. Just as i miss him and his random acts of cuteness/anger/craziness. I like to remind him [THIS] is temporary. I can't help but think he feels somewhat abandoned and rather than ripping him out of his environment and housing him in a cage for longer than required, at least he knows his surrounding and i feel content that i can visit him when i please and he's got a place to roam.

But i SO know he's going to hate me when i have to send him off to quarantine. I guess we ALL have to get used to Change in some way or another.

I'm even slowly getting used to this new routine of having to commute from one end of town to the other just so i get to the office on time. I don't own a car and somehow over the years have conveniently manged to live near my office for the sake of minimizing traveling time. It wouldn't be so bad if the public transport system was reliable in this country but because it's not, i find it a hassle and inconvenient.

But that's not the only Change in my life. I'm now even getting used to waking up before sunrise just so i could speak to my beau who lives on the other side of the world. Unfortunately, we only have spoken words to keep each other company since being physically together is not possible... just yet. So we continue to hang on to the belief that this relationship can work despite the many obstacles we face and it's through our utmost desire to be with one another that keeps 'us' together.

It's like a weird modern day fairytale.

The more that i think about it, the more i miss him and can't imagine my life without him. And with every conversation we have, it only further confirms my belief that he is The One. I only question, when will be the next time we see one another and i worry whether Time will find a way to drive us apart?

I guess i can only hang on to my Patience and force myself to believe that we will reunite one day! Deep down i believe we are meant to be with one another even though Time continues to be our enemy. But in the meantime, there's much to sort out. So by leaving this country i hope for a better life and perhaps build on a firmer foundation that's worth building upon.

If anything, i see this move as a start of a new chapter and as cheesy as it may sound, it's the beginning of the rest of my life. And yes, i truly believe Everything Happens For A Reason.

2 comments:

Duke said...

Ever stop to think if your cat feels comfortable in the apartment????!!!??????!!!!!

winkris said...

Well... i saw him this morning and although he misses me and vice versa, i'm sure it beats being cooped up in a cage in unfamiliar surroundings with strangers + funky smells.

Plus he'll have to be in quarantine for a month and because of that i've decided to drive to the border instead of shipping him in cargo [which will stress him even more].

SO YES to answer your question... i have thought about it and although we haven't worked out the communication barrier issue, right now, its the only solution that i think will be less stressful for him.

THANKS FOR THE CONCERN BUDDY!