Saturday, November 24, 2007

Losing my voice amongst other things...

Somehow over the months i have managed to successfully run away from any virus infected beings. Perhaps it was pure luck that i had become immune to any yucky sicknesses but then again it was probably the flu shot that my mother insisted that i have during Christmas last year that warded them off.

Hmmm... mothers always know best...

Anyway, not long after i wrote my last post, i suddenly felt ill. You know that feeling when your head hurts and the walls of your throat feels like sandpaper. Well i wasn't feeling Top of the Pops that's for sure. My bones felt like they had been trampled on by midgets yet i was convinced it was due to the excess stretching during my yoga class. I kept reassuring myself the feeling would go away soon. Yea right!

I then decided it wasn't worth paying a ridiculous price for a sandwich that i could easily make [and would probably leave me still hungry], so i dragged myself to the nearby bakery to buy a semi-stale baguette. I then trotted along to the supermarket so i could buy a jar of mayonnaise and a head of butter lettuce. All i wanted was a simple tuna sandwich. Maybe it was my stubbornness in me that screamed i STILL want to lead a normal life even though i could easily pick up the telephone and make an order.

Deep down inside, i'm still the same ole' Chrissie, the girl with the tattoos and who dresses like she's on school vacation and has very little fashion sense.

By Friday morning, i felt Death had marched up and down my throat and i could barely recognise my voice. I woke up sounding like a man *gasps* My head felt like a paper weight and i could barely lift my head up from the pillow. I ended up calling in sick and only went as far as dragging myself out of bed just so i could put the Do Not Disturb sign on the handle.

I didn't end up getting out of bed until darkness started to fill the sky.

And now having slept throughout yesterday and now feeling a little more alive, i managed to force myself downstairs just so i could take advantage of the complimentary breakfast. And having only nibbled on a peanut butter on toast for supper last night [which is probably not the best choice of meals when one has a sore throat], i needed some form of food in my system and Marks & Spencers chocolate biscuits weren't cutting it.

So now that breakfast is being cleared and my body has been fueled, guess what i have to do today? I'm off to my abandoned apartment so i can keep my kitty company. Oh lucky me, i get to do some serious spring cleaning, pack and inhale some dust...

Yay! Don't i feel great!?

No comments: