Monday, November 26, 2007

Louder than a whisper

I have come to the conclusion that my missing voice and never ending headache is the result of my allergies towards dust. [I hope] But every where i turn i'm faced with someone coughing their lungs out and spreading their germs in my path!

[NOW] is NOT the time to get sick.

I clearly remember every few years when my family had to move countries due to my father's job, i was always excused from having to pack, which worked out fine for me. But even early days when our family lived in the Middle East it was impossible to escape the fine particles of sand and that often triggered my asthmatic coughs leaving me practically blue in the face from not being able to breathe properly.

...

But since Friday my voice has become rather hoarse and resembles that of a lounge singer having sung one too many heart breaking tunes and smoked way too many cigarettes. And as drama as that sounds, it's not like i've done much. I've only shifted crap from one side of my apartment to the other, packed 3 boxes and wiped a few surfaces.

But on a lighter note, i have 4.5 days left of work *does a happy dance*

After which i will need to concentrate on doing some serious spring cleaning. The pack rat in me is dreading it. I reckon the only way i'll get through sorting out my crap is a] braving the dust with those disposable surgical masks b] have frequent fresh air intervals c] have a clear plan what i plan to do each day d] and i must remember, when in doubt, just chuck it away!

Don't worry, i'm not leaving immediately. KL hasn't gotten rid of me JUST YET. I still have until the 8th of December to vacate my apartment and a little time before my work place cancels my work permit. Anyone care to donate some empty boxes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool.. glad he can go.. good luck with everything and feel better!! where u going to? u r leaving malaysia? what country?? i live in U.S. and find the other side of the world fascinting...

winkris said...

dena: actually... news JUST came in yesterday and the situation is i won't be able to bring him to Singapore... not yet... anyway.

AND yea i guess it could be fascinating to learn about what goes on on the other side of the world or should i say in someone else's life. But then again, lots can go on in the town next door too, i guess whatever tickles your fancy.

So yea, welcome *waves*

Apologies for not putting any pretty, touristy shots but i'm sure you can google those. Not sure whether my life is fascinating but at least it got you still reading =)