Thursday, November 22, 2007

Learning to Breathe...

I'm looking forward to the weekend purely because i can sleep in. I have 6 more working days left until i will be officially job-less. And since my uni days have been long gone, my longest stretch of holiday has been less than 2 weeks and all i want to do at this moment in time... is NOTHING.

This is my one chance to take advantage of a proper time out, rejuvenate and collect my thoughts... be a better person and revive my being. Oh gawd, is this what happens when people start maturing and thinking about their future? If i don't take care of myself, who else will? With 50 years or more left on my expectancy chart, i might as well start somewhere.

I've even pushed myself to continue with Kundalini Yoga weekly. My initial thoughts before joining were, oOOooh gawd! I'm going to turn into one of those Yoga Bitches. Have muscular arms like Madonna and then turn into some space cadet and slur my speech by a few decibels just cause i can. But looking at me now, i don't think there has been that much of a difference in my physical appearance. All in all, i'd say it's a good escape from all the shit that stirs around me.

BUT i have to admit my NO SMOKING rule has been broken... slightly.

Yes, YES, i know... you're probably thinking, Chrissie, but you were doing so well! Why the hell did you succumb to the pressure of stress and old habits?

I have a valid explanation [more like a lame arse excuse] but I figured by denying myself of such evils, it will only push me to crave it more and then who knows what might happen. So... i am limiting myself to a maximum of 3 per day and should i DECIDE that polluting my lungs is the way to go then so be it. Actually, i think i'm doing a pretty damn good job considering the circumstances. Plus it helps that the exchange rate of 2.3 makes quitting so much more attractive.

And not because i'm on the road to a nunnery or spiritual awakening but this new lifestyle change means i've even cut down on my alcohol consumption. At last i can remember my weekends better, reduced the number of blackouts and as a result my brain doesn't hurt AS much when i miss my doses.

I believe i deserve a shiny, gold star!

4 comments:

YC said...

haven't been catching up w peeping into your life with all my country hopping. u're leaving....T_T remember how i once said it'll never be the same w/t u at the gigs.

remember to get ur ass cushion b4 u bail k? i'll make sure i hand it to u before hopping off again.

it's good u've decided to do what i've done. it's about time.

take a break to start again hun. *hugs*

winkris said...

Yea, i figured it's about time i stop putting my life on hold and putting the needs of others in front of my own. It's probably the best decision i've made thus far...

And YES babe, we must catch up so i can return those dresses you leant me but never got a chance to wear and probably cant fit in anyway... ehehhe. Oh where has Time gone?

YC said...

my dresses are with you?

ahahahaha. no wonder i thought something's missing.

gimme a call aight. i'll be leaving msia 4th dec. gonna work in shanghai.

winkris said...

OooooOoo you're jumping ship around the same time as me. Shanghai... interesting.

One of my friends mentioned there were a few design positions up there but you know me and my wonderful language skills and sans-animal diet, i don't think i would gel so well.

Well i'll only go back to my apartment this weekend, i'll grab the dresses then. Sorry, if they're kinda crumpled, they've been in my cupboard for MONTHS!

Aiiite, i'll buzz ya!