Thursday, March 06, 2008

B to the O to the Double N

We didn't end up seeing that one flat that was literally next door to my sister's work place, the one i mentioned in my previous post. The guy didn't call back! How ruuUUuuuuude. Oh well... i guess it wasn't meant to be.

News flash:
We got the OK from the eco-friendly landlady. I guess we made a good impression because she SMSed Boo last night to say that she was happy to welcome us as tenants. We weighed the pros and cons again and after a few phone calls back home and various nicotine breaks, we decided to take the flat. And best part is we don't have to pay the real estate fee that usually comes with renting, which usually ends up being a shit load.

So yea! I'm movin' to Bonn!


It's insane to think that by next week i'll have moved again and will be unpacking my suitcase in my very own room. The lease will start as of the 15th, which coincidently is my 28th! So i guess moving to a new flat tops my "something is going to happen when i'm 27" premonition.

When i look back over the year, i think how crazy things have turned out. One of these days i'll have to take some time out to make a list just to recap. I guess we all have to move on sometime.

Anyway, tomorrow Boobers and i have to head to Bonn to look over the contract and take measurements of the flat. There's a bunch of furniture that my sister is allowed to take from her old place but we have to check whether it can all fit. We have to decorate/purchase a whole apartment from scratch practically, so we've already dog eared the IKEA catalog and circled items that have potential.

But i'm going to go have a smoke now... It's too bloody cold outside so Boo has allowed me to smoke in the kitchen with the window open. Even though the snow has nearly all melted it still flutters around the 1 degree celcius mark and the air feels like it's biting the marrow in my bones. I wouldn't be lying if i said it sometimes feels like my tits have frozen over! OK not so drama as that but it's pretty damn nippy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chwissieeeee! good to hear your new, i have not been on the internet as much as i would like to... anyway so here we are, me in bkk and u in bonn... good luck to us both!!

big hugs cos i know how fucking awful it feels to be cold!!

allie!