Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Monday snowflakes


I woke myself up because of a mini coughing fit and i dreamt of a murder. There i had returned to the hotel room that the incident had taken place and although i was not the one responsible, i watched Life slowly disintegrate like a sugar cube in a lukewarm bath. All was left was his cool shell draped in warm lifeless liquid.

...

The temperature must have changed because suddenly i was awake. It's about -1 degree celcius outside.

I've noticed this room's temperature fluctuates because the super thick concrete walls have not yet absorbed the heat. But i keep my radiators on all night which tends to make the air very dry hence the nearly choking action this morning. I opened my eyes to squint at the digital display on my hand phone and was surprised it was only 7:48. Oh my gawd, why is it so early!? I should be sleeping in, i'm on holiday damn it.

Then i was distracted by what looked like little flecks of crispy, white dots race across the window.

No, i wasn't recovering from a late night or being delusional. It's snowing again. For some reason watching the snowflakes slow dance in the wind makes everything look so beautiful. And as it lands ever so gently on surfaces and combines itself with others it creates an instant blanket. I'm not sure why but it brings a smile to my face each time. I say this now because i'm indoors and not freezing my arse off!

But still, it's really pretty. Makes me just want to snuggle up in bed... mmmMmmm. But no... i can't be arsed to climb up on my high bed, so instead i'll cook me some brekkie.


No comments: