Monday, March 31, 2008

Pimpin' cheese

I touched the tanned surface
and felt the built up of steam under the crust.
And so i dug my instrument into its middle to relieve the pressure...
and almost instantly the smooth, creamy liquid
oozed out like hot magma.

It was beautiful.
My mouth salivates just thinking about it...
My sister says that if one day the world would run out of cheese, i would simply die! Total exaggeration but then again, it's not too far from the truth *smiles*

Somehow each meal i have has some kind of cheese attached to the ingredients. And if not, there's always time to squeeze some in! Multi-grain toast + melted butter + a slice of Gouda in between. Crackers + cheese. Or maybe even some mozzerella+ tomatoes + fresh basil + balsamic vinegar + olive oil = OMG yum! I can't seem to get enough.

I guess it's like Asians' obsession with rice. They lean more to that staple diet than say bread or pasta. I guess it works better in the tropics and it's just part of their upbringing *shrugs* If you don't already know, I LOVE CARBS and slap on some cheese while you're at it. Bring it on i say!

Singles did its job - you know the plastic cheese that come individually wrapped. Well they're cheap and it serves its purpose. Thank goodness i'm not lactose intolerant. Eventually i turned to blocks and my favorites are Edam, Gouda, Mozzerella, Parmesan, Feta, Quark and various non-stinky cheeses. Although i'm starting to like soft cheeses like camembert and the ones that grow "healthy" mold. It's a bit nasty if you think about it, so i don't - as long as it tastes good, it's all good.

And even as i type, i've got the oven on at 200˚C and waiting for my baked Camembert to melt!


So yea, anyway back to my baked camembert... scoop some jam on the side and it's a perfect snack!

Super delicious and high in fat but never mind. Who's counting calories anyway!? J had some baking in his oven that one time i came over. And at first i thought it was some strange fish finger that had smooshed itself into a circular shape. I don't know. I've seen star-shaped nuggets, why disregard a round fish... patty?

And i thought, that's odd, who eats jam with fish? But i was nicely surprised when i took my first bite...

No comments: