Thursday, April 16, 2009

Changing Tyres and Legal Matters.

Just around the corner from where we live there's a cute little pizzeria. We usually order the same take-away each time: Margarita Pizza and request for it to be thin and crispy with garlic sauce drizzled over the top. But the weather was still holding up, so we decided to have a few slices and a beer there. Why not?

But i'm not here to write about what i ate or drank. Yesterday i learned something new.


I now know how to change a cars' tyres. J's colleague was selling his Summer wheels and since J's all-weather wheels needed to be changed anyway, we figured it was a pretty good deal. Plus we get to pay in installments which doesn't make it so depressing when we have to fork out a chunk of money all at one go.


A quick check in the manual and Tyre Changing 101 class began...


Hmmm... Is it that obvious that i don't get out much since this post is predominately about my first time with changing wheels? But then again, it's always good to know how to change them should an emergency arise.

And i have to say, i'm amazed that the jack being such a small and simple contraption can actually hold the seriousness of a cars' weight. Simply genius. Although when i was helping J hold up the wheel whilst he put back the screws i had images of the jack giving way and the car slamming down. And me being unco and not paying attention would slip and my hand would get wedged somewhere and... *splaaaaat*.

OK maybe not.*Touch wood*


So there i was squatting like an old fisherman/china man and feeling quite proud of myself that i did something productive other than cleaning the apartment. J took a clearer shot but that one had me flashing my undies like a plumber on a Summer's day [unintentionally of course]. But i think this random blurred effect shows that i'm actually doing something as opposed to posing with a jack.

No i was not posing. I actually did put hustle behind that little muscle of mine.


And that was that.

Ok so my hands weren't as dirty as J's. I blame my ever so strong mus-cles, for all i did was the light stuff. Yes, proof that i wasn't born to be a mechanic and that i should definitely keep my day job.

...

Talking about jobs, yesterday i received my business tax number. Which makes it official girls and boys... i now am my own boss and i legally own my very own company. I figured i might as well try and make some pocket change after all i've gone through.

No comments: