Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Clearing space and "WHATEVA!"

A new week begins, well technically it started yesterday, and it's brought with it the kind of weather that's perfect for staying indoors and lying in bed. It's cold. Wet and moody. So what am i doing now? Sitting up in bed and contemplating whether i should sneak in a nap before i continue with the housework.

My laptop is usually on my desk in the living room but it needs to be attached to a power source since it just "dies" on me within 10 minutes if i decide to unplug it. I think i may have overcharged my battery at one point. But it's all in working order so i can't complain. That said, i backed up my "pictures" folder anyway. I've been meaning to do it for months now in fear that i may one day lose it all. I would seriously cry if those captured moments on digital would be lost for good. Yes, all 13 GB of it.

Unfortunately, my back has been giving me problems again. Nothing that a bunch of Magnesium tablets can't fix, i say. So i'm back to religiously taking them twice daily in hope that my aches and discomforts will vanish.

But in recent months i've noticed that in the morning my fingers hurt. Actually "stiff" is a better word but more specifically a few of the joints feel... strange.


I woke up yesterday and the joints in my thumbs were swollen. You could clearly see the redness and slight bump on the first joint. My hands have always been rather fleshy and having forgotten to moisturize daily has just sped up the signs of aging. Seriously, if it's not my wrist that hurts then it's something else. At first i thought i may have done something to my hands without realising but this has been happening quite a number of times already and it's always on the same joints.

I can't be that unco that i keep hurting myself without realising.

All i have to do is bend my thumb and it voluntarily makes this cracking sound. And the swelling seem to happen simultaneously on both thumbs. It's as if one side of my body is jealous that the other side is getting more attention and so they compete for who hurts more.

And i couldn't help but think i may be developing Rheumatoid Arthritus in my fingers.

I'm only 29 for Christ's sake. My mom has rheumatoid arthritis and she's well marinated into her late 60's. I've been witness to all her moods and pains' she's had to go through and i have to say it wasn't and isn't pretty.

So i'm keeping an eye out on the swelling.

And in the height of my concern yesterday, J tried to comfort me by reassuring me that he still loves me and that he will take care of me. And i couldn't help but think we're both cursed with "older peoples" illnesses. Which then makes me laugh when i think about those girls women young adults females who whine about how cruel Life is with their latest gadgets, skinny fingers, taut skin and childish looks. And how their one wrinkle is their proof that nearly hitting a quarter century old is, like, the worst thing ever.

Pffft... and with that i form a "W" with my 2 index fingers and my potentially Arthritis stricken thumbs and yell, "WHATEVA!"

1 comment:

Chook said...

hey duckie i know i haven't popped in here for like ages... but i guess u know i have alot of time on my hands now... what with my girl decidin to bail on me and all... sigh.... but on the other hand... am really glad to know you two are goin great... especially when i will always remember that i had a small part to play in the initial reunion process... lol i still laugh to muhself till today when i think about it.

at least one of us is doin good in that aspect of our lives.. and i'm happy for the both of ya... well regards to the other half and take care aiight.. will try to keep in touch a lil more than i have been doin in the past year or two k.

much luv & hugz