Friday, April 30, 2010

Caffeine, Felines & Small Balls.

I can't believe it's Friday already. Wasn't it, like, just the weekend? My days are starting to blend into each other again.

I guess that's what happens when my so-called office/work space is only metres away from the bedroom. One must train oneself to be consistently productive. Sleeping in and clocking in those extra hours have worked wonders on my eye bags but sadly doesn't do jack shit to my timeline. It just means i've had to work well into the night.

But i have to say work wise, everything is going smoothly.

I'm only slightly delayed because the client has come back with so many changes because the big boss is indecisive. And therefore, i've had to push my deadlines. But it works out fine since it gives me more time to fiddle with my work until i can say to myself, I've done all that i can do... here just have it.

So i apologize if sometimes i'm absent or my blog entries are bit weak in content.


My life is far from exciting.

And between trying to be creative and entertaining myself with two felines. Not much has been happening except for the normal house chores and the random clumsiness.


And no thanks to Yoshi for knocking over my cup of coffee the other day, my camera now smells like coffee and the lid doesn't open properly without assistance. A sign that i probably needed to tidy my desk.


I also applied some purple toner to my hair because the red streaks were fading. I'm not sure if you can see it that well. In fact, i'm not even sure if it even made my hair purple. It definitely has made it look more red.

Oh and i apoligise for the bony shoulder and collarbone. J thinks my shoulder looks weird in this photo because of the lighting. He says it looks like a chicken wing.

o.O

That was not my intention.


As for the weather, it keeps fluctuating. At the moment the sky is gray and the sun is nowhere to be seen. And in complete contrast, yesterday was a whopping 27˙C. Seriously, i was on the brink of Sweat Ville! Strange, as we're only in Spring. It was weird to step outside without having to wear my coat or make a mad dash inside to find a missing glove.

My body has already adjusted to a cooler climate. How in hell did i ever survive living in 38˙C? Oh yes. Air-conditioning. One thing, we don't have here. Maybe it's time to invest in a standing fan.

But yesterdays' temperature was no indication of what Summer will be like. It could just mean the opposite. After all, Germany is known for its' gray skies and gloominess.


So anyway, J picked me up after work and we drove to the ice-cream shop which looks like it's built in a glass house. It has an adjustable glass ceiling and when it's super hot, they can slide over part of the roof. It's about a 5-minute drive from our front door and there's heaps of seating. It's no Baskin Robins but i reckon they had more than 32 flavors.


I got a scoop of Cookies, Nutella and After Eight. J got the Cherry & Banana, Tiramisu and Stracciatella. And for 70 cents a scoop or as the Germans call "Kugel" which translates to Ball, i couldn't help but feel slightly ripped off as i thought my balls were going to be bigger.

*blushes*

Maybe i just have big eyes.

I blame the fickle weather for my current sweet cravings.

ooOoo... the smell of leftover chocolate cake is distracting.

No comments: