Thursday, June 17, 2010

DH: Part 2 & No Longer an Etsy Virgin.

I had a relatively productive day today and actually did some work despite having trouble sleeping last night. I think the anxiety of not being able to find a better dress than what i already have has gotten to me. Or maybe knowing that J's coming home today in 2 hours, has got me all excited. I'm not sure.

So yesterday i bought some random items at the Euro Shop and walked in and out of stores that i wouldn't usually go into. I was desperate to find something more elegant than what i already have in my closet. Even if it meant trying on some that were strapless - which i tend to steer clear away from on a normal day.

But ended up being a case of, If only i were just a few inches taller and/or bustier.


Then i remembered i saw a little shop called Lucky Lola tucked in between two shop houses with a driveway long enough to fit two cars. J and i've always driven past it and i'd always been curious.

Turns out that Lucky Lola is a clothing store selling Rockabella clothing and accessories from the States.

I tried a few dresses on but somehow i lacked the proper proportions to pull them off. As usual the dresses looked heaps better on the models.


But i did end up buying this black cardigan with embroidered swallows on it. A consolation for not finding anything else i guess.

So when i realised i was going to be late to catch my bus home, i made a mad rush to the bus stop hoping i didn't miss it. But after 5 minutes waiting, i decided Lady Luck was not on my side and so i walked off. Only to then see in the corner of my eye the bus i needed pass me.

Mother Trucker!


So instead of being home in 10 minutes, i was forced to walk the 45 minutes. I reckon it was the Baking Gods telling me i ate too much carrot cake this week and i needed to excercise the excess calories off.

I was not a happy camper.

But then on my way home i passed the garden and plants warehouse [a converted old barnhouse] and thought i'd catch a breather in there. I saw these frogs playing Leapfrog and for some reason that made me smile.


There's something about those slender frog legs, that i think are hilarious. If i had my own garden and money to spare, i so would buy it! Totally unnecessary but nevermind.

Oh and look what i saw in my facebook feed...

And so i did. But trying to decide which coin purse i wanted was painful. I eventually settled for this one...


Handmade by
The Dainty Squid

The interior is lined with polka dots! Isn't it just too cute?

Believe it or not, it's my very first Etsy purchase.

Yup, i'm no longer an Etsy virgin.

A result of eavesdropping on her blog and eyeing her Etsy goods for awhile but never had a real reason why i needed to buy another coin purse enough money in my account.

Then when my ATM card failed to work and i had to order a new one, i came to the conclusion that the magnetic closure on my camera case could have been to blame. Or maybe that's what i'd like to believe.

Hmmm.

Hence the reason why i needed to buy this very cute coin purse/camera case. I can't wait for it to arrive!

Thanks PayPal, oh and thank you Kaylah!

2 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

LOL @ the slender frogs! now, i'm trying to imagine the lower frog being Lil' Miss Piggie and the one that's doing the leap to be Kermit!

winkris said...

Don't you love them slender frog legs? They look so flexible.

lol @ Miss Piggy. With legs like them, i'm sure Kermit could do more than just LeapFrog... ehehe.

Oh my.