Monday, June 21, 2010

A Million Little Pieces

I've never really been a huge fan of reading. Although if i needed help to sleep, i'd just grab a book and before i know it it would put me to sleep.

It's no wonder sometimes it would take me months to even get to the half way point. And by the time i got there, i'd forget what the book would be about. It's terrible.

But i guess when my social life took a nose dive, i turned to other means to fill my boredom and 'reading' helped pass the time.

So after taking advantage of the free DVD rentals and unsuccessfully finding another decent English paperback at the local library, i was yearning for something else. A book that i could sink my teeth in and one that would follow me everywhere i went.

Then when my friend, BennyBooBubbles, insisted that A Million Little Pieces was a good read, i was curious.

And after reading the reviews here and here i was intrigued and had to order it from Amazon.de. And knowing that not everyone including Oprah feels the same way, makes me want to see what all the hoo-ha is about. OK i'm about 5 years too late but never mind.

...

And this is what the DHL delivery man brought for me today...

515 pages

Now let's see how long it'll take me to get through this baby.

No comments: