Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Sleepless Night.

I'm looking outside my window and it's super foggy. It's been raining since Sunday and the temperature has dropped down to the mid-teens. My widget says it's 10 degrees Celcius and it's going to be cloudy all day. I thought Summer was on her way?

As i begin writing this post, i'm contemplating on sneaking back into bed. J just left for work and this cup of coffee that i just gulped down has made me slightly nauseous.

Perhaps my empty stomach can't handle caffeine so early in the day anymore. Age is a funny thing.

So before i get into talking about my weekend and how J and i managed to score free drinks at a street festival last Saturday, i just want to mention that this whole daylight savings time is starting to mess with my head.

Yoshitomo Nara's White Kitty
www.akaihane.co.uk


Now that we've entered June - the half way mark into the year, it only gets completely dark at around 10:30PM on this side of the world. Whereas in Winter by 4:30PM it would be pitch black outside. Going to sleep when it's still bright outside and waking up when it's bright makes me wonder if i ever slept at all.

So in a perfect world where i can function and not be grumpy, i should sleep by 6PM in order to wake up at 6AM every morning. But realistically, 9:30PM sounds more like it and that's usually the cut off time for me. 8 and half hours of sleep should be alright. Right?

But why so early, you ask?

Because i'm a good hauswife girlfriend and my boyfriend likes to eat a small brekkie as he gets ready for work.

So anyway, last night a bunch of gossipy birds were busy chit-chatting outside our window. There's no tree directly outside but i'm guessing sound travels in between our neighbors' house and the house we're in. So the chirping was amplified even with the windows shut. So after tossing and turning for about an hour, i gave up and moved to the living room hoping to find peace there.

But as you know, felines are night creatures and the minute i found a comfortable position to lie on the sofa, Yoshi thought it would be funny to use me as a spring board as he chased his sister around the room. This excitement lasted about 2 hours and by the time i managed to sleep it was close to 2AM, only to have woken up 4 hours later by my alarm clock and a hungry boyfriend wanting a toasted sandwich and a fresh cup of coffee.

The urge to pass out is getting stronger.

So on that note, i'll be back. I just have to ummm check something in the bedroom...

No comments: