Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Snail Mail from Dainty Squid + Veggie Patties

Look what was sitting in my mailbox this afternoon...


Yup, my little camera coin purse that i ordered last week from The Dainty Squid arrived. It even came with a little handwritten note too. I know i'm just another name on a piece of paper to her but still, i was happy to have received a handwritten note, no matter how small it was.

And yes, i DO love the pouch. Yay for snail mail!



Look... even Yoshi is happy. He's given it his little Nibble of Approval. ^^

So thanks Kaylah! My Lumix now has a new home.

Speaking of nibbling, on my quest to eat more healthy, i checked out Schenke Bio Supermarket today and ended up buying the Vegan Tomato & Thyme Burger mix from Bohlsener Muehle for 2.29€.


I added a 1/4 chopped up onion, 1/2 green paprika and a little bit of cracked pepper to half a pack of the mix. And after stirring in some hot water, the mix became SUPER sticky. It's definitely not a recipe to make if you're not into getting your hands dirty.


I was a bit skeptical at first since i've tried another brand and it tasted just like cardboard. But i have to say this one turned out better than i expected - they were light and crispy. I guess the additional add-ons helped too.

Although i reckon they could have put more Thyme in it. But the added black cummin and sunflower seeds did give it that little extra touch and that separated it from being bland like the cardboard-tasting one i tried before.

Obviously, if you're a meat eater there is no comparison but if you're looking for a light snack, it does its' job. Break them into little pieces and sprinkle them over salad or slap 'em on some fresh bread and you've got a meal.

Guten Appetit!

2 comments:

xSharonx said...

My dog also loves to nibble at everything ... like at my chair right now, haha

Unfortunately I've never heard about Schenke Bio Supermarket but I'll watch out for those burgers anyway. They look yummy and you did right adding some extras. Mostly the mixtures are just too dry and taste boring! (So I rather make fresh burgers out of tofu)

winkris said...

ooOoo i've never made fresh burgers out of tofu before. Interesting. You wouldn't happen to have that recipe on your blog by any chance? =)