Friday, August 20, 2010

XO

I'm so happy it's Friday. Even though every day is pretty much the same for me, it's nice to know that i won't be woken up by J's alarm clock tomorrow at 5 AM.

At 5:30 AM i dragged myself out of bed to open the balcony door so the kitties could have their morning snoop and i was greeted by a colourful sunrise.


A nice change to the grey skies and rain clouds we've been having the last couple of days.

So as you know J got accepted into some online clan not too long ago. The clan that one apparently has to be super good to be part of and the only way one can be part of this elite group is if one gets invited.

And now that J's part of this clan, the minute he gets home from work he sits in front of his computer playing game after game and speaking with the other clan members about strategies and whatnot.

Jealous? Maybe.

Maybe i'm just annoyed that he would much rather play Warcraft 3 and be sleep deprived for work, then to go to bed at a decent hour and want to spend some time with me.

It really does suck having no friends nearby.


So i made a Vegan Broccoli and Smoked Tofu Quiche accompanied by a salad for dinner. Previously we would sit together and talk over dinner but lately he's been too preoccupied with playing Warcraft 3, to even have a full meal with me.

When we spend time together now, it usually involves being at the supermarket. I know, it's quite sad. And whilst walking up and down the aisles can be exciting, it's not really my idea of how i'd like to spend our "quality" time together. I've made it a point to voice out my frustrations.

Why don't i just go online, you ask?

Well our internet speed is really ghetto/slow so whilst he plays his game, i can't be online in fear that it would lag his connection and god forbid, the world would end if his team loses and his stats fucks up.

But this weekend will be the first weekend in ages that we have to ourselves.

July was spent entertaining Little L and spending time with my folks. Then J's brother was staying with us and then last weekend he drove to Duesseldorf and spent all day/night helping at a Wedding that his friend was catering for.

The Weatherman promised good weather, so i'm eager to do something other than sitting at home and waiting for J to be done with his game so i could get some attention.

Today the temperature shot up to 31˚C by mid afternoon and it looks like it's going to be the same tomorrow too.

Sweaty much!?

But J promised me we would spend "quality" time together tomorrow.

His plan is for us to buy a Weekend train ticket and just travel randomly to some city within Germany and stay the night at some hostel or B & B. But i think Deutsche Bahn has changed their policy and instead of only paying 37 Euros for both Saturday AND Sunday, the Ticket-for-Two is now only valid for one day.

But i'm still waiting for my client to pay, so it may just mean we do a day trip.

I'm a little on the broke side but we'll see.

I'm not getting my hopes up too high because it may just end up that he'll play all night and through the morning, then just end up passing out for the rest of the day.

Hmmm.

So if i end up writing a post tomorrow, it probably just means i've been home all day and i've been waiting for J to wake up.

Well whatever happens, i hope you have an interesting weekend.

2 comments:

xSharonx said...

Oh I feel very sorry for you!
Though I'm a little gamer myself and there are days when I spent hours in front of my computer / console, I wouldn't go so far that it would affect my relationship (on the other hand my boyfriend also enjoys playing from time to time...)

I hope that you'll be able to realize your bf's plan tomorrow -sounds like a great idea to me! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :) (but I guess things will be back to normal soon -you can't play Warcraft 3 forever haha and sooner or later even he must get tired of gaming ALL the time)

winkris said...

Maybe i should consider buying a Wii, seeing that i spend a huge chunk of my day at home sitting on my arse.

Maybe playing Wii Sports well help me shed that extra layer i've developed as a result of stuffing myself with snacks and cake to solve my boredom.

UPDATE:
He did promise he would sit next to me and watch X FACTOR earlier on with me and he did.

So that's good.

But him buying me a Mars bar just now was just a ploy to return to his clan friends right after and so i wouldn't grumble.

Anyway, thanks for keeping your fingers crossed. We'll see what tomorrow has in store for me.

Hope you have a great weekend!