Monday, August 23, 2010

zzzZzzz

It's Monday already and i'm sitting here wondering what happened to the weekend. The weather was gorgeous but instead of taking advantage of it, i was at home.

Yup, our random train ride adventure did not happen as planned.

I went to bed around 4:30AM the night before because i was nitpicking at my project. I couldn't be bothered to wait any longer for J to finish his game so i could upload the files and just click SEND to my client.

So out of boredom and mainly out of annoyance, i slept for the most part of Saturday afternoon.

Yes, i sulked. So what!?

So what did i do on Saturday? Well when i woke up, J was of course sleeping, so i played a few rounds of online Poker to buy some time. Then spent the rest of the time channel surfing until i eventually passed out.

Fun, eh?

J chose to refrain from playing his games ALL of Saturday and even said and i quote, "It's getting kinda boring. And my friends aren't online".

Yea, you know why? Because THEY PROBABLY HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THE WORLD OF BLOODY-FUCKING-WARCRAFT!

Or not.

Well i can't really remember what we did but it alternated between watching a bunch of DVDs we borrowed from the library and taking a nap or two.

...

Then today after work he helped me take my Bumble Bee Bicycle to the petrol station to put air in the tires. J had borrowed the company's van, so it was much easier to transport the bike there. Then when we got back, he took his bike and we rode around the block a few times - it was nice, we hadn't done that in awhile.

Oh man, it didn't take long for me to feel the burn in my legs. I'm so unfit!

But one thing is for sure and that is i definitely need more practice stopping and starting my bike. It freaks me out when cars drive so damn close to me!

I need to be more confident.

So anyway, we came home and i prepared dinner. But just when i thought he got bored of playing, he was back online playing with his little "friends".

Hmmpf.

Well he did manage to sit down with me for most of the dinner. I should at least be grateful for that but of course, had the monitor turned in his direction so he could spring up just in time before someone tried to attack him.

So much for him being bored of playing games online.

J suggested we go away THIS weekend.

Hmmm.

We'll see about that!

I'm sure as hell not keeping my fingers crossed.

4 comments:

xSharonx said...

Hmmm... I'm sorry to hear that the trip didn't work out. Have you already tried to talk to him about the whole gaming thing?
I admit that I'm often sulking myself when something bothers me. But I think that sometimes it would be much more effective if one would simply speak out on the problem. (especially my boyfriend simply doesn't understand without clear statements)

winkris said...

Well we had a chat and so we've agreed that every day after work we'll try and do something together. Whether it's a bike ride around the block, a short walk or going somewhere that involves doing something other than the usual tv watching.

But now that his laptop just died on him, it looks like he won't be playing anytime soon.

xSharonx said...

What coincidence haha
I really wish you two all the best! Maybe I should suggest this also to my boyfriend. We do things together but mostly it's watching movies...

winkris said...

It was a HUGE kwinky dink... ahahha.

I promise i wasn't responsible for breaking it. I wasn't even near it at the time.

Aww thanks for the best wishes, that's so sweet of you. And the same goes for both you and Fabian!

Anyway, sometimes if there's a Trödelmarkt on the weekend, we'll make an effort to drive to it just for looksy's sake. An excuse to get out and try and get a bargain.