Sunday, February 22, 2009

D is for Derry and also Darcy.

After much discussion and browsing through dozens, if not hundreds of online ads for kittens, we have finally fallen in love with one. She's 12 weeks old as of this coming Monday, a Sagittarius and a Norwegian Forest Cat or also known as a Norwegische Waldkatze in German.

We've got an appointment to see her on Friday evening. We'll call her 'Derry' for now since that's what they named her. Derry also looks like she's just been in a Wind Tunnel but oh so very cute. Oh and also her sister, Darcy, as there is a high possibility that we might get two babies. Uh-oh double trouble!


The owners breed them and apparently, when J spoke to the woman on the phone she seemed very nice, answered whatever questions we had, gave opinions and strongly suggested that the kitten should have another feline companion. I'm not sure whether she's so much in it for the money as it's mainly for the sake of the cats' sanity.

But we'll see.

So if all goes to plan and we do in fact fall in love with them. I say 'them' because there's a high chance that i'd want to stuff them all in my bag. But we are only able to take her/them in 3 weeks time since that's when they will be old enough to be weaned off their mother.

Great timing as it so happens to be my 29th birthday. Yay for me! Another candle on the birthday cake and possibly a new addition to the family! *golf claps*

I'm not being sarcastic, i actually have no issues of me turning 29. I might not say that as the cake continues to be covered in wax in years to come but for now, i have no issues.

So yay, i might be getting [a] baby/babies soon!

And no i don't have to worry about waiting for 9 months. Neither do i have to go through the pain of labor and popping out a watermelon-sized object out of a hole that looks like the size of a lemon - well not any time soon anyway. [And yes we all know the miracles of Stretching.] Oh and not forgetting what a friend wrote on one of her blog posts about What Women Go Through and Men Don't, risk being cursed with a dodgy looking vagina just for giving birth! Now we wouldn't want that would we?!

I'm so excited. I am seriously burstin' with fruit flavor!

Note to self: Must remember to purchase a good steal comb, a big arse cat climbing tree and to take my Pill on time. Damn it! Which reminds me...

No comments: