Friday, February 13, 2009

So did anything happen today?

"Huh? What do you mean?" There i was standing in front of a sizzling frying pan cooking dinner with tongs in my right hand and an oven mitt in the other to shield me from super hot oil.

"I mean did anything happen to you today? Anything bad?"

"What's that supposed to mean?! Oh my gawd, you're freaking me out now. What was supposed to happen?" OK i panicked slightly. Was i supposed to do something? And if i was, was he referring to my non-productive day. My brain felt a bit slow but my attention was focused on turning the tofu over.

"What day is today?"

In my head i know it's Valentine's day tomorrow but i reply with "Friday".

A few seconds later, J continues with "It's Friday the 13th".

"Oh i know. I was in a bad mood today."

No comments: