Friday, February 13, 2009

'Nap Time' is necessary in order to function.

Stolen from Desktop Nexus Wallpapers.

Can you believe it's Friday already! It feels like only yesterday that i was moaning about how a new week was going to begin. And how the second section to the project i'm working on was so tedious to complete. The thought of Spring Cleaning did cross my mind.

But i did it. That section was completed on Tuesday night! And i rewarded myself by taking morning and afternoon naps thereafter. Now i'm onto the third part and i'm hoping it'll be smooth sailing.

I am totally not a morning person.

I dread the 6:45 Monday through Friday wake up calls. But if it means spending an hour with J in the morning, then a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. I am so grateful that i can actually appreciate sleep. I remember there was a time that Sleep was my enemy and i'd be lucky if i got 4 hours of restless shuteye. Then waking up feeling more shit than i did hours before. Oh how i don't miss that.

But when Little L stays for the night, i'll be sure to be woken up by 7. A simple tap on the hand and repeated ducks to the floor until i peel my eyes open. Then followed by a morning hug and declaration that she's hungry. And as usual a mish-mash of cereals are poured into 2 bowls and we sit in front of the tv to watch cartoons in German.

And no, i don't understand all of it.

Somehow between my broken German, hand gestures and limited vocabulary we are able to understand one another. And thanks to my cartoon watching, i now know that SpongeBob SquarePants in German is actually called, Spongebob Schwammkopf.

Hmmm.

But i must say i always look forward to when J wakes up because then he can take over and have actual conversations with her. It can be rather frustrating not being able to communicate even on a childs level. I guess there's only one way to fix that.

But Little L is staying over tonight. Apparently her mother bought her this create-crystals kit for children and she insists that she wants to make it at our place. So hello Chemistry days!

I'm hoping she's gotten over her cold though. Because the last time she came over she was sick and i'm more than certain that i caught something from her. You know how children are prone to pick up all sorts of germs on the playground. Or maybe it was because she kept offering me Pretzel sticks from her hand and i couldn't say no.

And yes, i'm forever reminding J and Little L to wash their hands as soon as they come home.

But i think it's time to bust out with the Dettol spray just in case!

...


Oh and other great news, i'm also in the process of registering my own company.

Well i have the papers sitting on my desk. J was kind enough to go and get the paperwork for me the other day on his way to work. My serious lack of the German language requires him to translate everything for me. And so we're sitting down this weekend to go over it all.

But apparently, it's not as hard as i thought it would be to start up ones' own company. Basically, as long as i don't earn more than XX,XXX€ a year i won't be taxed. Of course there's other terms and conditions but from what i've been told briefly, it sounds pretty good. I'll be under the "Artists" category and there's even a list of benefits including cheaper Health Care cover.

Oh my how exciting. I'm weeks, if not days away from owning my very own company. Ummm... hello Boss, i believe it's time for a nap.

No comments: