Monday, February 02, 2009

Money In. Money Out.

I went on a bit of a shopping spree on Saturday. There's nothing like a bit of retail therapy to soothe the blues away. BUT i am happy to say that i stuck to my "To Buy" list. As promised, i finally got J's belated presents; a much needed black leather wallet and a massive backpack for when he returns to his night Studies today.

Ya know, a part of me is so very proud of J for going back to finish school. 29 and with so many commitments, responsibilities and barely any time to spare. I am very grateful for everything he does and despite what has happened in his past, he continues to want to be better person, provider, father and partner. But the other selfish side of me is sad that we won't see so much of each other. Already as it is he's gone for most of the day and now i have to add another 5 hours to that.

*Sniff*

But then again, it is his future we're talking about. And if it means a better position and more opportunities, than i'm all for it and i'll stand by his side and just bite my tongue. Let's hope 2009 flies by as fast as last year.

...

Anyway back to my purchases and the new stuff i get to play with. Seriously, it felt like a delayed Christmas with all the boxes and bags. The only difference was nothing was wrapped in colourful paper and everything was deducted from my bank account. But it's all good. I am very pleased with all my purchases but the ones i'm most proud of are as follows...


The hunt for a Mouse has ended. I decided to stick with Logitech. I figured since i had no real issues with my last, and being such a loyal person, i decided to stick with them. I ended up going to Kaufhof in the city and checking out Saturn since the selection was far more impressive than most that i've seen. A few were out on display so customers could fondle them for a bit until they found the right one for them.


After what seemed like forever, i eventually settled for a black Logitech V450 Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks. And i couldn't be happier. I can't believe i managed to live without a functional "right-click" for so long. I was able to download the software via their website which was quite handy. And apart from the very neat itty-bitty plug-and-forgot-receiver, its erogonimic shape and sleek design, i am also able to check my battery life via the software. WoooOooh, that's always handy.


I also got a new quite compact USB hub that looks like some kind of transformer with its arms folding out. I always find USB outlets on a hub too close together. It's a bitch to have so many USBs lined up and having not ALL fit because of a poorly designed piece.

Oh AND i also decided to get new headphones. I'm a bit particular when it comes to the sound quality and like to hear some decent bass in my tracks. And before you even think or say it, no i have no intentions of being a DJ. My hand-eye coordination cannot make it.

But there's something about canceling all outside noise that makes music sound far better. I'm not a fan of those that you stick-in-your-ears ear phones since i like to crank up the volume and after it can get quite uncomfortable. My previous Sennheiser px 200 served me well but somehow with all the traveling from to and fro, the headphone jack decided to conk out on me and i could only hear from one side. So sad... boohoo.


So i opted to go with the Panasonic RP-DJ 600 even though i know that Sennheiser is known for their quality. But it came down to Aesthetics, Comfort and Availability. Aesthetically they suit me just fine and fit nicely on my coconut sized skull. No, they don't make my head look bigger than it usually does. Yes, they are super comfy. Yes, i like to have quality sound wherever i go even if it means i'm sitting at home most of the day alone. But hey, since it's still really cold outside, it also serves as fancy ear muffs. Oooer! Multi-functional.

Oh one more thing to add, i can't believe it's February already! Is it just me or does it feel like the days are getting shorter and Time is moving faster? I wondered what happened to January?

No comments: