Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Lay's keeps me company

In the last 2 days i've had a minor case of the Sniffles, the attack of the sneezes and an itchy throat. I'm not sure what it is. It's either that i'm coming down with some kind of sickness or i've developed seasonal allergies.

Being the drama queen that i can be, i lay on the bed complaining that my throat was itchy and it felt like it was closing up. I kept wanting to cough whatever-it-was out but it only aggravated it. My body was already aching and my head felt like a bowling ball. Uh-oh. Sounds like a sickness.

I managed to put together breakfast and as soon as J left to pick up Little L and bring her to school, i passed out. An hour later he returned and woke me up to say he was going into work later. He needed to do some work from home and that he went to the pharmacy to get me medicine since he figured i'd be bedridden and in no mood to drag myself up the road to the Apotheke. Awww, what a sweetheart!

He returned with Vitamin C, 2 kilos of oranges, lozenges for my throat and Aspirin Complex Granulate; which works wonders against colds/flus by the way. The Sniffles disappear almost instantly and pains are not as severe. It's like magic and best of all it doesn't make me drowsy.

So in between naps and doing loads of laundry, i've been trying to get my head around doing work.

It's not working so well though. My concentration keeps fading. I'm already missing J.

But somehow i've managed to get through another day by being a little more productive than the day before. I even was able to pack and prepare a few sandwiches and coffee for J in time for when he does his pit stop back home from work at 5:15pm and makes a mad dash to his 5:30pm class.


And instead of making dinner for two, i chose to sit on my arse and eat my way through a whole bag of Paprika Lay's in record time. I think it was 15 minutes. Why? Because i can.

I guess it's no fun having to cook for one. Yes, i know it's not exactly healthy but i can't be arsed to eat anything else right now. I'll figure something out later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey,

how does someone email you?
Can't find your contact details on the blog. Thanks!

winkris said...

Oh. Was it not on my profile page?

*goes and checks*

OK. i've put it back up but here it is anyway, winkris[@]yahoo[dot]com.

=)