Sunday, January 04, 2009

Crackers & Bang

I can't believe the past few days have come and gone. It feels like New Year's Eve was yesterday. This was unlike any other NYE celebration i've ever had and probably is one that tops them all. It started off rather quiet and then the pace just increased.

In the kitchen and minutes before we ran out on to the balcony,
cracked open the bottle and wished one another a Happy New Year!

Are you ready!?

Apparently size DOES matter.

Every corner there were fireworks being set off.

We chose the little bridge at the intersection...

Then it got a tad bit too smokey...

We brought along our bottle which helped to keep us warm.

Seconds before i picked up my feet and RAN!

An hour plus later we were done playing with the fireworks and the crackers. We were practically frozen by the time we got back but the adrenalin was still running through our veins. So we dropped off our bags and quickly got ready to head out to the club.

We got to the car and it was iced over.

I quickly jumped into the car and cranked up the heat. J handed me the blue parking timer [positioned on the lower right hand-side of the above photo] but i misunderstood what he wanted me to do with it, so i threw it on the dashboard where i thought it belonged. Instead i started taking photos of J scraping the car.

I was later informed that the blue plastic thing was in fact ALSO a scraper and that i was meant to help him with scraping the ice. Ooops. Which probably explains why he looks kinda grumpy in the picture. SORRY!

The longest 45 minutes ever.

It didn't help that it was -5˙C and i'm sure the wind factor would have brought the temperature even lower. Bodies huddled together and random strangers made every sneaky effort to push their way past us. My thoughts were blank and my nose was already numb. Maybe lying on the couch would have been the better option.

Hmmm.

By the time we got inside, i was so excited to be INSIDE that i forgot to take photos. But my gawd, i had so much fun! The tunes ranged from Techno, Electro and Techhouse. I've never heard of the DJs but it didn't matter, as long as the beats were good, i didn't care.

I guess being a foreigner and in a strange club made me feel uneasy with whipping out my camera. I think i saw a total of 3 Asians in the whole place. Slightly self-conscious and forever surrounded by very TALL men AND women, i tried to blend in the background and kept my camera in my bag amongst all the other crap i decided to bring.

Why is it that i ALWAYS end up bringing much more than i need and then complaining of a sore shoulder the next day!?

One never learns.

A not-so-good shot of the very packed dance floor from the 2nd floor.

The 2nd day of 2009 was so pretty. When we woke up from our slumber and looked out of our living room window we were greeted with a fresh layer of crispy snow whiteness. I was so glad that we didn't have any plans or anywhere to go.

Anyway, i hope you had a good start to the new year too and are recovering well.


Oh and before i forget, here's a little shout out to J since today is his 29th birthday... Happy birthday Bunny!

No comments: