Thursday, January 08, 2009

Thanks Adobe!


I have CS2 installed on my Mac and i'll be honest to say, i don't fully utilise all the features. In fact, i don't really know how to use it to its' full advantage. My year long siesta has come to an end and getting back into "Design" will be very interesting.

Believe it or not, i'm actually a little excited about the project that i'll be working on. Finally it has sparked some interest in me. Interest that left me to drown in my deepest darkness and was rudely trampled on by Haters and Bullies.

So anyway, a few days ago i made an order online for the new Adobe Creative Suite 4 Standard Package. Design software programs so i can get my work done without any legal issues. Sadly i have to say good-bye to the RM20 pirated shit in case i run into trouble down the road. Suddenly i feel all so grown up. I also put in an order for the manuals since i figured it would be a good idea to read up on the product before i start fiddling with it.

Adobe's website for some reason was having issues with approving all credit card purchases so i had to call the Adobe Direct Sales. I was able to make an order over the telephone with no stress added and was even able to throw in some dumb questions. I mean for the amount that i paid, i'm sure as hell going to ask as many retarded questions to soothe my slow brain.

I mean seriously, nobody seems to understand why everything in Europe has to be so expensive. The very same product costs 500 € less in the States and even less in Malaysia! So be thankful YOU're not purchasing legit software in Europe.

OMFG... I can't believe i simply spent over 1,500 €!

I just have to keep reminding myself, it's an investment that i hope WILL bring better things more jobs my way. So what better way to start the new year than to get my fat arse back on the Design horse and see where it takes me.

OK i'm going to peel off the wrapper now and fondle my new goods... *grins*

No comments: