Monday, January 26, 2009

OX

One of the beauties of working from home is it allows me to remain in my PJs all day if i wish and should i need a nap at any given time, i have no person breathing down my neck demanding to see visuals at that very moment.

Over the weekend i thought to myself, my year long siesta has in fact done me good. As a result i *feel* i am eager to do more than household chores. So after browsing various sites for inspiration, i found myself intrigued and the urge to want to mimic their work one day became stronger. I can say i am happy that my love for "good" design still flickers and it inspires me to improve.

I even managed to pull an all-nighter again on Friday and still i did not complain about a sore back. Have i mentioned how wonderful my new chair is? *Strokes Verner in a non-perverted way* And i don't walk around hunched over, holding my lower back for support as if i've entered my tri-semester.

I can't get over how fabulous my chair is and what it means to have full back support.

*sigh*


However, the late nights have mysteriously formed slight shadows under each eye and no, they're not left over smudged mascara. My eyes look more puffy than usual. And somehow... SOMEHOW *raises her fist* i have managed to injure my calves. I've pulled a muscle or a few and i can barely walk. J says, i'm walking around like a stick figure. But all i want to do is get from point A to B and that's usually only a few metres.

I feel crippled. Makes me appreciate/miss my fully functional legs.

*click here to see the animal doodle*
[Stolen from Social Fiction]
Cool, eh?


Anyway, today marks the first day of the chinese new year.

I haven't tidied up yet and the kitchen proves it. It's been bombarded with dirty dishes and cutlery since the start of the weekend. They say it's bad luck to sweep on the first day of the new year, as it means one may sweep the "luck" away. So does that apply to doing the dishes? Hmmm.

At this very moment i am disliking going into the kitchen. Unless it means i come out of it with a full stomach.

Does it count that the only red i have on is from my nail polish i did on Friday and the only red article i have on is the red hoodie that i wear practically all the time when i'm at home? I guess that'll do for now.

The year of the Ox.

This would be my 3rd Chinese new year that i haven't been back home to devour home cooked food and nibble on specially made nibbles. But the first that i've been so far away from home that i don't even hear a faint banging of symbols from the dozenth Lion Dance... "TONG-TONG-CHENG TONG-TONG-CHENG".

I don't gamble, so i'm not missing out too much on that. As for the visiting... well i guess that too has tapered down. Truth is, i don't actually have any friends on this neck of the woods. So this year there will be no Popiah digesting, sunflower seed cracking, increased alcohol consumption or polite chit chatter.

It's as if it's just like any other day of the year.

I stumbled upon chinesefortunecalendar[dot]com and they seem to have a somewhat detailed summary, as opposed to the unimaginative "yes you will have a good year or no this year is not favorable for you dear [insert zodiac animal]" predictions. So for all you Monkeys out there [IMPORTANT: Those born before February 4th, 1980 - you're actually a Sheep], it's worth a read, it's supposed to be a great year for us, career wise especially.

Let's just hope that they keep to their word *keeps a close eye on her bank account* Anyway, i gotta get back to work, there's no more rest for the wicked.

Oh. But before i forget, to all my silent readers who celebrate Chinese New Year and/or are too busy stuffing their faces, here's wishing you all a better, healthier, wealthier and more happier year ahead.

No comments: