Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Introducing Verner and Phillip.

On Saturday we took a drive down to IKEA in hope to find a decent working chair. And at last, my mission to find a comfortable chair has finally ended. Eager to get my arse on something a little more padded, i ripped open the box and followed the instructions.

Not only is it super comfortable but it was way below the estimated amount that i was willing to pay. And for 69€, i couldn't be happier!

...

I've been going on and on for the last couple of months about how my previous iPod [a birthday present from my ex] had died days within days of me arriving on this side of the world [how ironic]. I grumbled about how much i missed having tunes with me and as a result have been using my in-built radio on my Sony Ericsson to keep me entertained when i'm out and about.

But sometimes, the radio just doesn't cut it.

When i was done being Miss-Fix-It, i was in the kitchen preparing Toasties. J came in with both hands behind his back and said he had bought me one part of my early birthday present. I had no idea what it could be and seeing that i was with him most of the day, i thought he just grabbed a couple of Salt & Pepper packets from the IKEA Cafeteria and wanted to be funnzy.

Boy was i wrong. J got me a Black 8GB iPod Nano 3rd Generation!


Anyway, J told me his friend was selling an iPod he got out of a Barter trade and he sold it for 40€. And considering a new one cost a whopping 180€, he thought why not. The original owner hadn't wiped out his songs or his data, so not only do i have a "new" iPod [new for me that is] but it is set in German.

But what better way to learn new words in German than to figure out the Menu in a language that isn't my mother tongue. I don't want to restore the factory settings just yet, in case i lose all the tracks.

Yippee... i have an extra 1GB worth of tunes! It comes with an interesting mix of genres [mostly Techno and House most of which are somewhat decent].

Mama Mia! I think i even see ABBA in the list.

But i've also had a peek at the games section and they even have Solitaire installed. Solitaire? Yes Solitaire! An old-skool card solo player game that keeps me occupied when stuck on the train or whenever. The version on my hand phone is SO SMALL, i always end up getting finger/thumb cramps and then going slightly cross-eyed.

...

On another note, just a little over 2 hours to go till the Inauguration of the 44th US President, Barack Obama. A day in history that is about to unfold; the first African-American US President.

No comments: