Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Feeling all Pretzel-like.

I've spent the last couple of days hunched behind my laptop all thanks to my bad posture and a tight schedule. My undisciplined ways has not only caused my shoulders to scream for attention but has now caused my lower back to ache.

When J and i moved to our new flat, we inherited my sister's 2-seater kitchen bench. Of which she got it from her ex in-laws, so that would make it 3rd hand then? Anyway that's not the point, there was no dire need for an office chair since i figured sitting on the candy cane striped bench would be sufficient when cruising online. But imagine sitting on a slightly cushioned wooden chair for 12 hours straight and doing work.

"Aua!"

Even sitting on 2 pillows doesn't help. I try to keep both feet planted on the ground but before i know it, i'm cross-legged and in a weird angle. Seriously, i can feel my arse flatten by the hour! So i am on a mission to hunt for a super comfortable office chair with excellent back support and of course one that won't cost an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?

...

But i could barely sleep last night. Unlike Hans Christian Anderson's fairytale, The Princess & The Pea, i am no princess and i didn't need a pea to be hidden under my mattress to prove anything. Put simply, the main pain ranges from the bottom of my neck/shoulders down to my lower back. Unfortunately, it has been my ultimate bitch since way back in the days.

We went to the Pharmacy and they recommended ThermaCare Heat Wraps for neck, shoulders and wrists. They say one should only have it on for 8 hours. I should also bump up my Magnesium intake to at least 3 times and remember to take regular brisk walks outside to get the muscles moving. I've run out of tobacco so i guess that's one way of forcing me to get dressed and go outside.

Hmmmpf.


The heating wraps remind me of an over-sized sanitary pad but just the wings part. However there is no absorption strip, only strategically placed knobs. Yes knobs! Little nodules that seem to heat up when contacted with air. I left it on overnight and it seemed like the tension in the area reduced. Each box contains only 2 of these wing-like knob miracles and for 6€ a box, it can get quite expensive *does the calculations*.

But that was a few days ago and the pain has returned! I wish i had my very own masseuse available 24/7.

Not only has it traveled to my lower back but it's pinching every pressure point. I can feel my muscles knotting up even as i type. My back is transforming itself into one massive pretzel!

I moaned about my pains this morning and J insisted i try out the soothing bath sea salts he bought for me; Lavender for Relaxation and the other to relax muscles. I wonder if they're better than that Pee-coloured soak i had some time back? I guess there's only one way to find out...

1 comment:

dy said...

wow.. love your tattoo!!