Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fresh Air & an Apology.

I decided to venture out today.

I've been cooped up indoors for the past week purely because i'm too lazy to put on one too many layers and go outdoors. It's still rather nippy outside. And i think i've developed some kind of calf strain from the lack of movement. But i can now only hobble along, so until i get that sorted, my walking will be kept to a minimum. But i guess i shouldn't complain since there are some people stuck on the other side of the world having to deal with heat waves and overused air-conditioners.

I guess if i had to choose, i'd much prefer being in the cold. That way, at least i'm not sweaty.

Anyway, my short adventure outdoors led me to the corner store to buy tobacco. The only contact i seem to have with human kind, apart from J, is the Chinese old man that works there. Funny how i travel so far away and still, i'm served by an Asian. For a second there i could swear i was back in Asia, the only difference is we speak in German. I wonder what his name is?

I wanted to take a stroll around the block and take advantage of being outside but it was already 5:30pm and the sun was making its' way down rather quickly. I could feel the cold biting my hands. So my adventure was cut short and i dragged my feet back home.

I got home in time to do the dishes and clean up whatever mess i had made earlier. Then i heard a knock on the door. Slightly paranoid that some stranger would be knocking on our door, i paused for a moment and contemplated whether i should open it. Who knows what kind of weirdos are out there!

"Uhhh... hallo?"

It was J. He was standing in the dark, holding a bunch of flowers and 2 boxes covered in silver foil.

"OMG you scared me. What are you doing standing in the dark?"

He apologised for his outburst and felt bad. He came in peace and brought with him some yummy Pizza [all of which i slathered with Tobassco sauce and finished in record time. Oh and not forgetting 2 of his slices]. 2 rented movies [both of which i've already seen but it's all good, it's the thought that counts]. A bottle of white wine [most of which he finished] and 3 roses [that look like they're on steroids but smell oh so beautiful].

*sigh*

...

Note to oneself: Don't forget to set the alarms for 6:30, 6:45 and 7:00.

No comments: