Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A shitty start to the day.

Stolen from Milchmithonig

Last night i managed to finish the first section of my lil Project. *Huge pat on the back for me* I even managed to stick to my own production schedule and sent it to the client on time. Hesitant at first to press 'SEND' in case i forgot something like attaching the attachment or worse, there was a huge error and the PDFs were corrupted. But luck was on my side and the first part is finally out.

It must have been close to 1am by the time i got into bed. I thought i'd have trouble sleeping since i had digested so much caffeine during the day. I remember i tossed and turned to find a comfortable spot since my right calf muscle felt like a huge paper weight. Next thing i knew i heard the phone ring.

J sat up immediately and the first words to come out of his mouth were...

"Scheiiiiiiiiiisse!"

Uh oh. Not exactly words of encouragement to start off the day. J's never woken up and uttered words in German first thing in the morning. Well not to me that is.

We over slept. Before i could get a grasp of the day, J was on the phone speaking with HER. J volunteered to bring Little L to school this week in order to make HER life easier. I could hear J apologising for oversleeping and just as i was eavesdropping and translating one language into another, he threw the phone on to the bedside table. I saw it in slow motion. It crashed into the water bottle and slid between a cup and the alarm clock as if it were making a home run.

And all i could think was, "uh-oh."

One thing i don't like is when things get thrown out of anger. Yes it releases an ounce of Anger but it also can break shit! J's not an "angry" person. Well not that i know of but somehow if it's related to HER, he gets super worked up and turns into this beast.

I kept my distance. I boiled some water and hovered around in the kitchen. I didn't want to be in the cross-fire. I stood by the doorway and asked if he wanted coffee and before i could finish the sentence he replied with, NoooOooo.

There's something about a person who is stricken with Anger and Fury that makes me want to hide. So i thought it would be best to sit at my desk.

Just wait until the storm settles, i thought. Then he came around the corner and kissed me good-bye, just as he always does. There was no time for breakfast or a morning chit chat. "Hop-hop!!!" Instead i tried to hug his Anger away. I calmly reminded him that, it's O.K. [This is coming from someone who would be Miss Dramatasi and yell on the top of her lungs when stressed. Swear at her AEs for putting the pressure on her and have mental images of throwing her hot coffee against the wall].

"Don't be so Angers. People make mistakes. And yes we forgot to turn on the alarm. And so what if you're a few minutes late to get her to school, at least you're getting there. It's not thaaaat late anyway."

I waved good-bye to him at the top of the stairs as i always do and thought, "well god damn, that was a shitty start to any day." I walked back in and closed the door softly behind me. If only i could see the stress vibes pouring out of the bedroom. I wonder what they would look like?

Great. Wouldn't it be my luck that i have no more tobacco left.

No comments: