Friday, January 16, 2009

Food. Glorious food.

1,59 € = RM7.55

I took a stroll down the supermarket aisle the other day and came across this canned product. I found it hilarious that the products' maker would be 'Kung-Fu'. I didn't end up buying it but finding the only Nasi Goreng-in-a-can AND in the 'Soup' section still cracks me up.

Then it dawned on me how much i actually miss the food back in Malaysia.

The thought that one is able to go to a mamak at any odd hour in the morning and pay as little as 0,40€ for a full meal still amazes me. Whether it is freshly fried/steamed/boiled, the flavor is consistent and the variety seems endless; i blame the MSG.

Unfortunately, my craving for Roti Canai and Dhal still lingers. And the Vegetarian Banana Leaf rice at Sri Nirwana [all this while i've been calling it 'NirVana' but nevermind, majority of the people know what i'm talking about] on Jalan Telawi 3 in Bangsar is still my favorite.

OMFG YUM!


And with Chinese New Year coming up, my taste buds are calling out for Pineapple Tarts made by my aunt. I reckon i'm a bit of a nazi when it comes to Pineapple Tarts. I've tried dozens and each one is pale in comparison to hers. *drools* Maybe there's some secret ingredient i'm not aware of. I think the extra dollop of butter in the mix makes all the difference.

Oh. And since i'm not married [yet], does that mean i'm still legible to receive an Ang Pow? ehehe... *not shy*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes you are still eligible to receive an angpow. The pineapple tart issue could be easily solved. Get it packed and sent to you!! As for the roti and dhal issue...make it! would you like a recipe??

winkris said...

ehehhe... yes i intend to make an indirect request. As for the Roti Canai + Dhal, thanks but it's just not the same without the hustle and bustle that comes with it.

I think i'd rather wait till i get the real deal! [Who knows how looooong that'll be though].