Friday, January 30, 2009

The hunt for a Mouse begins.

I am on a search for a new Mouse. No, not the four-legged furry kind but one that fits snug in your right hand hand and goes *click* when you apply pressure with your index or middle finger.

I'm not a fan of using the trackpad unless i really have to. For instance, when space is an issue or if there is no decent/dry surface. For cruising online it's fine i guess but if i'm going to work on visuals or layouts, i try to avoid the trackpad as it tends to give me cramps and my fingers tend to lock in place.

At my old office, the Management decided to upgrade some of the computers. Designers with Seniority/had been employed the longest and/or was the favorite was given the latest and fastest computers to work on. Whilst others, got their hand-me downs. Which was perfectly fine as long as it didn't freeze. And when they brought in Apple's Mighty Mouse i thought it looked cute in its' white glory, so i thought i'd have a go.




I didn't like it one bit.

It was like a nipple had grown out of its' surface. This nipple served as a scrolling device but it made my finger feel funny. And not in a good way might i add. So whilst everyone o0o-ed and aaa-d, i had no interest in fondling "The Nipple" and leaving sweat marks all over its' white exterior. I'd much prefer using a basic USB Mouse any day.

Which brings me to [NOW].

I'm not sure whether it's the weather or that it's just getting to that past-the-expiry date but my current Logitech Optical Mouse has been acting up. My right-click doesn't work, scrolling is far from being quiet and the precision is not as good as i remember it to be. I checked the manufacture date and i've prolonged it's life since March 2006.

*Whispers* So i think it's time for me to bury him.


Tomorrow i'm off to purchase a new one. Yes, i am cutting the umbilical chord and finally going wireless. If it means one less wire running along my desk, it must be good. I'm getting a new USB hub too as i need some kind of order around here.

I've already got a few that i've been eyeing; Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 for Mac/Windows. Logitech VX Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks (Black) and Logitech V450 Nano Cordless Mouse- Black.

My hands are mini, so we'll see what i can get. But more importantly, it needs to be compatible with Macs. I guess at the end of the day, it all comes down to how it fits with the user, both price wise and aesthetics.

ooOoooer, i can't wait.

No comments: