Wednesday, October 06, 2010

BBB Has A New Basket + Purple Hair.

07:08

As usual the week is speeding along and it's already Wednesday. The sun is just about to rise and a semi-clear sky indicates a beautiful day ahead. Since Sunday the temperature has been consistent at 21˚C. Perfect weather to be outside and get a dose of Mother Natures' Vitamin D.

07:44

07:46

Yesterday i had a bunch of errands to do, one of which was to get one of my jeans altered. Damn these short legs of mine! Long gone are the Do-It-Yourself Seamstress days which involved a trusty pair of kitchen scissors and being able to cut along the line.

And to keep the bike-riding confidence rolling, i decided to ride my bike into the city again.

Pre-planning my route in my head giving me enough time so i wouldn't be late for my hair appointment and making sure i used a different path than last time.

I never thought i'd say this but i actually quite enjoy riding my bike.

So much so that i even went out and bought a little basket for the back of my Bumble Bee Bicycle.

When i bought the bike second-hand, the woman who sold it to me had included a basket at the front. But because i'm not exactly the tallest person with the longest torso, i had issues seeing what was directly in front, so i took it off.


As for my new dutch designed BASIL bicycle basket, i would have thought it would have thrown me off balance but it didn't.

There are little hooks at the bottom and the spring arm that is used to keep items in place, secures the basket from falling off. The yellow bag with long straps was one i bought at the Euro Shop during Valentine's week and it so happens to match my bike, so there it will remain.

So on to my hair...

As some of you might know about seven months ago, i treated myself for a haircut, a new hair colour and highlights [see here]. I spent a ridiculous amount to get it done and although they did a great job, i know i could have spent my money more wisely.


And as usual, the red faded leaving me with brassy copper strands and a distinct crown of my natural black/brown hair colour on the top. And it wasn't until i was in a changing room the other day with harsh florescent lights when i realised how horrible it looked and i had to get it fixed.

So this time i went to a no-frills hairdresser.

One where i only paid 10 Euros for the haircut and had to blow dry my own hair. The hair colouring was only a fraction of the price compared to the other fancy hairdresser that served freshly brewed coffee and an array of sweets. But i didn't mind so much since at home i do as much as towel dry my own hair plus i had my own sweets in my bag anyway.

J and i agreed on the colour when i first made my appointment and all i had to explain was how much she should trim and how i wanted my fringe to be cut. Our conversation in German after that was kept to a bare minimum. There was no unnecessary chit-chat that hairdressers' are known for.

Or maybe i didn't initiate much of a conversation.

Pardon the forehead, there's a reason why i have a full fringe.


And there i sat for about 45 minutes with a purple dye doing its' magic and surrounded by geriatrics getting their perms and silver hair cut.


What was left of my highlights gave the overall look a two-toned effect. I'm not sure if you can really see it in the picture but i assure you it's there.

My hair is long but i don't think extremely long. I've seen some people with hair that drapes down past their arse and i wonder how inconvenient and unhygienic that must be.

Mine now sits just above my waist.


So when J got home from work, i got him to take a photo. I'm not the best model as you can see and kept fidgeting, so i used Yoshi as my prop. Please excuse the flyaway too, we just had dinner and i didn't have a brush nearby.

The colour is a cross between a purple grape and a black currant.

I like it.


It also looks much more even in real life than in the photo though.

And i added these ones of Luna, only because i didn't want you to think i had favorites. She's much more camera shy and isn't so much a camwhore as Yoshi.



We saved a massive grasshopper that had found itself in our apartment but before freeing it, we showed Luna.

At first she wasn't so interested since she thought we were just showing her an empty beer glass. Then it moved and it immediately got her attention. And here she is sticking her whole head inside staring at the grasshoppers arse with supper in mind.

4 comments:

xSharonx said...

I think the new color suits you very well and the length... I... WANT... YOUR... HAIR! :D
Haha, I also have a huge forehead (although I think yours isn't that huge) but unfortunately a fringe doesn't look that good on me. (or well, I'm just to lazy to take care of it) Otherwise it would be the perfect idea.

winkris said...

THANKS! Well my only advice for anyone who wants to grow their hair long, is to avoid the hairdresser for at least the first year. Unless of course one is growing out a mullet, then by all means go in sooner for a trim.

As for my forever growing forehead, i purposely chose that photo since it wasn't as bad as the others. I credit the angle in which i took the photo plus some of the dye leaking down.

But from the photos you've uploaded of yourself, it doesn't look like you've got a big forehead.

Or maybe you've covered it up well and know which is your better angle ;)

Have you tried cutting a wispy fringe or maybe changing your parting to the other side? Or maybe go for a super short fringe. But then again, if it doesn't look good then you're kinda stuck and forced to grow it out.

Hmmm.

xSharonx said...

I've already tried every fringe one can imagine, haha. From super short to super straight just above my eyes.
The main problem lies with my the cowlicks of my hair. They keep my hair popping up no matter what I put on it (water, hair gel, spray... nothing helps) ;) And of course the strongest cowlick is on the side where I chose my parting to be, which is also the only side that looks good... arrrgh! Sometimes I just want to cut my hair super short - maybe then I don't have to think about cowlicks anymore. But then I would also turn into a complete boy, haha

winkris said...

ooooOh that explains the unruly hair.

My hair is the opposite, it's really straight and is impossible to curl no matter how much hairspray i put in.

But isn't that the case of people with curly hair wanting straight and those with straight wanting curly?

I guess we all have deal with what we were given ;)