Friday, October 22, 2010

Before I Travel Solo.


So i've packed my bag, bought my train ticket and i'm heading South for the weekend [minus Yoshi of course]. I reckon he knows something is up because he keeps rubbing himself up on me and wanting to jump in my handbag every chance he gets.

He's usually needy but rarely this affectionate. However that said, his favorite place to sleep is on my arm. The one that uses the mouse to click.

Anyway, i'm temporarily detaching the invisible umbilical cord that i've managed to grow over the last twenty-five months and traveling solo for a few days. J and i are supposed to use this time apart to reflect on the situation that we're in. Figure out what we want not only with ourselves but with the relationship.

The next two months may be a bumpy one and depending on how stressed we are, it could even be rocky.


For those of you who don't follow me on Twitter, it ended up not snowing yesterday.

There i was waiting with my camera in hand ready to capture the first few snow flakes of the season.

And then... there was NOTHING.

Just rain, wind and a boring grey sky. How disappointing.

But then again, after thinking about it maybe it was good that it didn't snow because i needed to head out and run some errands. And so by the time it was mid-afternoon the weather changed. The sky was blue and it was the right temperature to be out and about.

J then met up with me after work.

Our plan was to eat at that yummy Asian restaurant before my trip. At the place where that very unfriendly, non-smiling Asian chick works and demanded that i delete the photographs of my food the last time. I swear, she needs to get laid or something because her facial expression just screams, Starved of Sex.


But before we over ate, J suggested we go for a glass of wine. He knew of a small wine place just around the corner called Vinus and said he had something important to tell me.

At first i thought, Shit he's fired!

But it turns out he has another job offer and it's in Hamburg and that he simply wanted to celebrate and make a toast to 'us'.

Geographically speaking, Hamburg is close to the North Sea and Denmark. I've never been there before and so our plan is to take a train up there one of these weekends and check it out.

I'm sure i'll keep you posted.


So anyway, back to the wine.

I ordered the most yummiest rosé i've ever tasted. I'm not usually a wine drinker but this one was a smooth fusion of strawberries and rhubarb. I can't remember the name but all the reason why we have to go back just to have another. J had a white wine which was not as delicious as mine but still very good. And J also ordered a mini plate of antipasti with thin slices of cheese that seemed to just melt in my mouth... yum!


But our bicycle ride through the city centre was a very cold one.

7:20PM and the sun was about to set which probably meant the temperature dipped down to about 5˚C. The sky was pretty clear but the wind was icy cold. All the shops had closed for the day and all who were left roaming the streets were the people trying to make their way home to call it a night.

So on that note, i wish all my silent readers and regulars a safe weekend.

I have to meet a deadline and send my work to my client. Plus i gotta start getting ready because the bus that's bringing me to the train station is supposed to arrive at 10:30 AM. Fingers crossed it's on time because i have a train to catch at 10:52 AM. Which gives me a window of approximately five minutes between arrival and departure.

Cutting it close, i know.

But hell, what's an adventure without a little adrenalin to keep the heart pumping.

Take care and i'll be back soon-ish with photos of my weekend adventure sans the boyfriend.

3 comments:

xSharonx said...

Awww, Yoshi is such a beautiful cat!
Hope you have a good time while you're traveling solo. And that you're able to figure things out!

Ms. Redd said...

to infinity.....and beyond!!


whatever happens from hereon after, embrace it full force dear. i think going through the deep downs to find your way back up sometimes rocks. (not implying you're going deep down, but u get my drift)

take more photos of mia sophie!

winkris said...

Sharon : Yea Yoshi has grown up to be a bit of a handsome lil' kitty. Well not so little anymore though and he's forever shedding.

And thanks, i had a good time.

Not sure whether everything is sorted but for the time being it's running smoothly.

Moving on to the next chapter.


Ms. Redd : Indeed! *cue in trumpets*

Yea i understand. I guess what's important in any relationship is to pick your battles, deal with it and know when to move on.

Now's the time to focus on getting through the next hurdle.

And yea, i just have to sort out the pictures then i'll try and regurtiate my thoughts.