Thursday, October 07, 2010

Looking For Inspiration.

There was no pretty sunrise this morning, just the lightest shade of cool grey covering the sky. It's the kind of weather that makes me want to curl back into a deep sleep or snuggle up on the sofa for a quick nap.

I guess that's one of the problems i have with being self-employed and working from home, it's so easy to get distracted with so many other things other than work.

Here's a thought, maybe i should start making it a point to not sit at my desk in the clothes that i sleep in.

Hmmm.

Maybe it'll motivate me to be more productive.

I guess with my close to zero social life and me spending majority of the time cooped up at home cleaning the dishes, tidying the apartment and battling ongoing jobs that don't seem to want to end, my typical day is rather monotonous.

And then this arrived from DHL just now...


Last week i ordered three graphic design books and one of them arrived; Best of 1-colour + 2-color graphics. The other two should be here either next week or the week after.

Anyway, the book itself is about the size of an A5 sheet [which is half of an A4 paper]. And it's much thicker than i had imagined it to be and it packs in about 333 pages worth of 1- and 2-colour design pieces. Whether they're of corporate identities, packaging or well executed layouts, the examples i've seen so far are interesting.

So much so, i may even be excited to move on to my next project which involves a series of property brochures.

*gasps*

Did i just say, "excited" to do work?

But first, i've got to finish the last two sections of a yet another corporate identity manual i'm still working on which is also due in at the end of the month.

So many distractions, so little time.

And apart from the obvious, i guess if there's one thing i do enjoy about flipping through new good graphic design books, is it has managed to keep that itty-bitty flame of Creativity inside of me burning.

Oh how i wish i were more creative.

I guess that's where dreams come in.

No comments: