Thursday, October 21, 2010

Size 38 Mid-Thigh Socks


I bought these Over-The-Knees socks the other day at an absolute bargain. Would you have guessed i bought them at a discount supermarket?

Well i did.

And the best part was i only paid 2.99 €.

So i was walking down one of the aisles and saw a lady standing in the middle looking down into her hands indecisive. And me being nosy, thought i'd mosey on down towards her and see what she had troubles deciding upon. And there before me were a stack of various patterned long socks.

My shopping list didn't have 'long socks' written as one of the items that i needed to buy.

But before i knew it i was pulling out a black pair and checking for my size. Then in the corner of my eye i saw another pair of hands rummaging through the pile.

What is it with women and good deals?

Like a vulture this elderly woman hastily grabbed whatever she could reach. I could see she snuck a peek at which pattern i had in my hand and even paused.

I don't think so Sista!


And for that reason i refused to let go of mine because it was the last of its' kind and i knew she was eyeing the pair in my hand.

I don't know what came over me.

I just had to have them socks.

Not like i really need them anyway. And before i knew it i was walking away with TWO new pairs of socks in my shopping trolley.

They're really made for European size legs, so when i wear them they're more like Mid-Thigh Socks.

It's all good and dandy that i have nice long socks but if i slip and crack a hip, that defeats the purpose of having them to begin with. Hence the reason i'm wearing them with those non-slip socks.

You know, the ones that i bought at the Euro Shop with those non-slip flower dots stuck to the bottom. Probably one of my best impulsive purchases yet!

But for now, i can't complain.

At least they keep my legs warm and protects me from drafts when i'm at home.


Oh and yesterday we had hail.

Nothing too drama as they were no bigger than those styrofoam balls that fill bean bags. But it did grab my attention long enough that i ran out to the balcony to see if i could catch some in my hand.

But i couldn't.

They basically melted upon impact.


And according to my weatherman widget there's going to be snow later some time today. I doubt there'll be enough to cover the ground white or even make a visual difference.

Nevertheless, it's still snow.

Looks like it's going to be a wet and crappy Autumn week. But isn't it too early for snow?

Hmmm.

I think i need a new winter coat. Preferably one that doesn't make me look like a marshmallow.

But holy bat balls!

That also means Christmas isn't that far away and soon we'll be celebrating the new year/life in a new city.

2 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

i don't think i could ever pull off the socks u bought! ever. haha. anyway, i was imagining you with two pig tails...somewhat like pipi longstockings. haha

winkris said...

Well that's why i'm only wearing them at home =)