Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Weekend with Babymaus + Boo Bear + CG.

My short bus journey began on time and i even made it to the train station with a few minutes to spare. The first train i got on, i ended up finding a seat beside a middle-aged man who looked a bit lost in his thoughts. I did at one point want to offer some of my candy to him but i wasn't sure if i would be disturbing or if he thought i was trying to hit on him.

Instead i kept to myself and stared out the window.


I did however, think it was a good omen that the seat that i did manage to find was directly behind a bunch of nuns.

I'm not so religious, in fact i am a non-practising Catholic.

But seeing them somehow made me feel at ease.

I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's all those train crashes i kept seeing on the news.

*shrugs*

Anyway, i had to change trains in Cologne and use the underpass. And just as i was walking down the stairs i nearly got bulldozed over by some kid who obviously indulged in way too many desserts in his pastime. I nearly lost my balance but thankfully i bounced off some other person who tried to barge their way past me.

I may be small but damn it, there's no need to push!


On Saturday morning i accompanied my sister to the kindergarten that she works at. They were having an Open Day whereby parents who are interested in putting their kids on the waiting list for the 2012 admittance can get a tour of the place.


And i'm not sure why i have this obsession with checking out the bathroom of any place but apparently this need dates back to even when i was a child. And for that i couldn't help but take a picture of the little kids' toilet.

Isn't it just so cute?

I later got the tour of the lower floor, where i got to see Mia's classroom. Basically where she spends the day playing, eating and sleeping whilst my sister works.


Here's Mia at approximately 10 Months. I can't believe she can already pull herself up and take a few steps on her own. She's grown so much since i last saw her in July.

And here's her taking time out from walking around the coffee table to have a rummage through her toy box.

What was she looking for?


Yup, her mirror.

Why? So she could give her reflection a kiss.

o.O

Attempting to do a group photo with Boo Bear + Baby Maus + Yours truly.


Who says you can't grill when it's nearly freezing outside? And so CG fired up his much loved grill on their balcony. They ate homemade burgers and i ate some pre-made vegetarian sausages topped with ketchup and barbecue sauce.


Whilst i was there i wanted to buy J a present. I thought maybe a t-shirt or something he could wear. Then i remembered he has two job interviews next week and what better than to buy him a new tie. Obviously there are better presents out there but hey, i'm on a budget. The grey coloured one is to replace the one i managed to destroy/tangle up in the washing machine.

Note to self, remember ties are meant to be hand washed.

Watching the sunrise and a partial blue sky.


My journey back felt longer but i was eager to get home and see J.

Yes, i did miss him.

In our case, distance does make the heart grow fonder.

Anyway back to the train ride...

I think i was wearing too many layers and combined with a heating duct right beside me, my eyelids were so heavy. And it didn't help that my roll-away trolley bag was wedged in between my seat and the seat in front leaving barely any leg room.

Why is it that i always forget to put my stuff in the overhead compartment?

Because the stress of standing on my tippy-toes and trying to hurl my luggage over my head when the train is full is too much of a hassle.


So anyway, i wanted to sit on the side of the Rhine river just so i could take photos but the train was so full that i had to make do with the first available.

And have you ever tried capturing a rainbow whilst sitting in a moving train?

I tried and it's hard.

After numerous blocked shot, i did manage to get one. Too bad that stupid crane was in the way and i managed to capture it in front of an ugly street.

But here's me trying to think positive, "...in Western culture a rainbow symbolises renewed Hope, something lucky to look upon." [source]

And as Kylie would say, "I should be so lucky! Lucky... lucky... lucky..."

2 comments:

eekers sneakers said...

oooh double rainbow! you are lucky chrissie! Just go explore germany while you are there. Dont put your energy on him gaming. Put it to better things! Love the pics of mia..she is soooo adorable. I especially like the pic of her kissing the mirror. See.. she knows how to work it.. she knows the answers.. what is she saying? LOVE YOURSELF!
Bear hugs!

winkris said...

"See.. she knows how to work it.. she knows the answers.. what is she saying? LOVE YOURSELF!"

^^
Love that!

And how unintentionally honest/shameless kids can be sometimes.

Bear hugs backatcha.