Monday, October 01, 2007

Good Things Happen in Three's

I have a perfectly valid reason as to why i have not posted for the past few days. I still can't believe it.

I'll try and write this in the shortest way possible. I met someone.

Well actually we knew one another 13 years ago. We were friends in high school and i remember even back then we'd spend hours on the phone just talking about anything and everything. But then i ended up going out with his older brother. And the friendship between us drifted because i spent less time with him.

His older brother was my first love. My first partner. The relationship with his brother and i was not exactly one that my parents approved. But it lasted 9 months and we were in love.

Eventually, i moved schools and country. Which is when i embarked on my 8 year relationship with another guy.

So anyway, let's fast forward to the present. Friday night the boys had their last Global Xounds at Zouk. As usual i took photos and drank myself into a semi-drunken state. When it ended, Chook and i made our way outside and this is when it happened.

We were about to cross the road when this guy came up to me to ask me whether my name was Christina. He went on to say my surname [which not many people bother to or know how to pronounce]. He then continued to tell me who he was. At first i didn't recognise him. He was the same but different [if that makes sense]. It was so surreal to see him after so long, we hugged and lost ourselves in our chatter. It felt we were alone on the streets, for that moment everything went dark and it was just us.

Chook happened to be standing nearby witnessing this reunion and went off to grab a piece of paper to scribble my mobile number. [THANK YOU]. We eventually said our farewells and i came home still amazed that he was able to recognise me after so many years. My gawd... i look at photos from when i was 13... ewww.

It was around 5 in the morning when my phone rang. It rang several times and eventually i picked up and it was him. 57 minutes later we agreed to meet the next day.

I woke up around lunch time wondering whether what happened earlier had really happened. I spent the first few hours doing errands with Ekamon and then at 5pm we arranged to meet in the lobby at Shangri-La.

We talked about our past and updated one another of our lives and had a beer at his dad's place. We ended up at TGI Friday's and that's when i felt it. There was a chemistry that was obvious and we made it official that it was a date. 3 long island tea's and beers, we continued to drink at his dad's apartment.

When i look at him and he smiles, he makes me smile. I haven't felt like this in years. And when he holds my hand it's so sensual. The past few days, we haven't smiled so much and said the words AMAZING, GREAT and GOOD as many times as we've done.

I need to expand my vocabulary.

It's ridiculously lovey dovey and all that mushy shit that i always complain about but SERIOUSLY what are the chances of seeing your past and having such a connection? And my gawd, he is so damn cute. He looks like he's 19 but in reality he's the same age as me!

We're so comfortable with one another. He's so polite, he has manners, is grounded and is EVERYTHING that i've wished for in a partner. And i jokingly said, i should have been more specific for all those times i wished upon a star. I should have said 'he' should be in the same country.

Because he flies back to Germany on Friday.

I try to be realistic about this and know that it's silly to hang on. So we're making the most of our time together even if we only have 4 more nights and i have to work during the day. Perhaps 'someone' out there wanted us to meet again. I can't wait for the day to end because we get to see each other.

They do say, Things happen in Three's. Maybe it's fate...

5 comments:

YC said...

i saw it! i saw it! no wonder he asked me for pen & paper!!

*warm fuzzy hug*

winkris said...

*hug*

ehehhe... =) So thank YOU for the pen and paper!

Anonymous said...

oh. my. GAWD!!!!! I know who it is!! how freakin' crazy is that?! where in DE does he live?

I JUST TRIED CALLING YOU WHY DON'T YOU PICK UPPPPPPPPPPP =P

I always thought he was cuter than his brother btw lol ZOMG I'm calling you at work tomorrow!!!

Anonymous said...

Chrissie, Secretly hidden amongst your hard arse tattoo was a teeny bopper music loving girl - 98 degrees "BRATWURST LAVA" (remember to say it in a thick german accent)..he heheh im happy for you..you deserve..now rub somemore of the good Shite on me..

hugsies
miss- wishin- upon- a -serendipity- moment

Anonymous said...

i meant to say you deserve it! aiya... im hungry and need to eat.. when are we going for lunch!!! 30 MORE MINS..YAHOOO!~