Saturday, October 20, 2007

Full circle.

I fell in and out of sleep today... as usual i've pushed my errands to tomorrow. I ended my long day yesterday watching DVDs. I fell asleep on my couch and it was an hour before dawn that the phone rang.

We spoke for more than an hour... Time seems to disappear each time and although i can never fully recall our conversations, i know each topic flows out of our mouths with ease and without hesitation. Eventually we said our farewells and for a moment i thought i was going to stay up since the sun was peeking over the horizon, but i ended up passing out on my bed.

The hours that followed had me dreaming of him and instead of him saying good-bye at the airport, it was me. My suitcase was filled with winter clothes and i remember i was crying in my dream. When i opened my eyes, i was still crying. I woke up sad and i could hear thunder in the far distance.

It didn't take long for me to get back to sleep and this time i dreamt i received a ring.

The most beautiful rich/dark royal blue sapphire gem surrounded by thin, white gold threads. The design was organic but simple yet intricate in design. I've never seen a ring like this, in fact i'm sure it's not even possible to create. Every angle you looked at it, it seemed to capture a different look. No doubt it was unique on all levels and i remember looking at it feeling overwhelmed with its' beauty. I remember feeling at peace with myself and what was to come...

Naturally, i googled it's symbolism.

And as predicted "To see a ring on your finger in your dream, signifies your commitment to a relationship or a successful new endeavor. It also indicates your loyalty to your ideals, responsibilities, and beliefs" and "To dream that you receive a ring, denotes that your suspicions and worries over you lover will end. You will come to realize that he is true to his heart and will devote himself to your interest" [source].

I then went to search the meaning behind the type of gemstone and apparently, "The sapphire symbolises loyalty, but at the same time it gives expression to people's love and longing". More fascinating was, "We associate this colour, strongly linked to the sapphire as it is, with feelings of sympathy and harmony, friendship and loyalty: feelings which belong to qualities that prove their worth in the long term – feelings in which it is not so much effervescent passion that is to the fore, but rather composure, mutual understanding and indestructible trust." [source].

Hmmm... i'm sure my subconscious is getting a bit ahead of itself but you know what, for the first time i'm not scared of the future and what changes lay ahead of me.

No comments: