Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Cold turkey but not quite.

I'm proud to say that i've survived not having a cigarette for 10 days. But i have one piece of nicotine laced gum left and i'm trying to see how long i can go without it. I'm trying to rearrange my lifestyle which i'm hoping will allow me to improve and eventually save money. [Not sure how that's working but if there's a will, there's a way].

Uh oh
.
.
.
I can feel myself eye-ing my emergency sticks BUT don't worry, i also find myself turning elsewhere.

Bonus is, i find myself carrying less items nowadays, only problem is i constantly feel as if i've left something behind. And spend ages worrying that i've misplaced something. Yes i know that's why there's handbags but sometimes, carrying a bag is such a pain in the arse.

As for the cravings, well they're still there and i've noticed a slight dip in my concentration. But then again with the additional factors playing a vital role, no wonder i'm distracted. I'm not quite agitated but i do find myself in need to be doing something to keep me occupied. There are no serious mood swings. [Yay for those around me]. However, i have noticed a slight dull headache but i think dehydration could be the culprit and a missed dosage.

So yea... so far so good. *thinks happy thoughts*

My only worry is the upcoming R5 over the weekend. It's almost second nature to my existence to suck down a beer and have a lit cigarette held between my index and middle finger.

I. MUST. CONQUER. THIS. ADDICTION + I MUST NOT THINK TOO MUCH!

NOTE TO ONESELF: MUST remember to pack a shit load of gum and chupa chups.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can doooo eeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!! <3

If I can eat really yucky bread with all kinds of wheat pieces in it I know you can conquer the no smoking! You're already doing it :D

ok back to my bread =( lol