Saturday, October 13, 2007

3-in-1

THURSDAY: I decided to try out Yoga. The last time i enrolled in any kind of fitness class was over 4 years and i was in Melbourne. And once i started work, my erratic time table and never ending deadlines meant it was nearly impossible to get to the classes on time.

Plus with events to attend to and promote for every other weekend only meant late nights, excessive alcohol abuse and no stamina to do anything energetic.

But times are changing...

FRIDAY: Every week the yoga class focuses on revitalizing and bringing energy to a particular chakra. Yesterday so happened to be the HEART. I woke up this morning with a few muscle aches. Who would have thought just a few stretches and breathing exercises could do so much. I'm actually surprised i was still able to touch my toes after so long!

I later spent part of the day with AnBloodyMumNoMore and SashaPau at Marmalade and met up with Ekamon after. After which it led me back into the office to do some last minute changes for a deadline.

But because of a recent rat invasion i was forced to inhale dried squid pieces whilst i did my work. I so happen to be sitting beneath the air-conditioner which apparently is the base where the rat comes in. Mmmm... lucky me!

And because it's a long weekend the Pest Control people have decided to only tackle our rat invasion AFTER the holidays. So there i was nicely doing my work and i hear the papers behind me squeeking! I think it's my imagination until i see a rat the size of 2-medium-sized fists run along the window ledge and tuck itself behind the bean bags. YES the very bean bags i often find myself taking short naps on!

I rang Ekamon and she came to the office. Armed with a long stick and broom, our mission was to uncover the rat. I tried my best to hurry up my work but couldn't help think about our office Rat/s.

I guess they/he'll be spending his holidays indoors. Hopefully by the time we all get back he hasn't made an nest under my table! Or has died in the trap from starvation!

12 OCT 2007: But to end this post, i'd like to send a hearty birthday wish to my mate, Supastar Didi aka DIDJITAL! May all your wishes come true and may this year bring you lots of laughter and smiles.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh holy fuck =( are you sure it's a rat???? GROSSSSSSSSSSSSS *cries*
Maybe you really should consider bringing Smooks to work with you yanno? just in case.

ew. ew. ew.

although, the visual of you and your collegue trying to whack the crap out of it with a broom is pretty damned funny =P

winkris said...

It has a tail and it squeeks... it's definitely no dwarf hamster! =p