Saturday, October 06, 2007

Still lingering...

I woke up several times during the night thinking that he would still be here but the cold air next to me replaced his warmth. And as i pick up pieces that i left lying around during the week, i start to miss him a little more each time.

I remember catching him getting lost in his deep thoughts and when he looks back at me, it's so intense. His smile melts me and there is a chemistry that gets stronger each time.

But throughout the day i've fallen in and out of sleep and each time i see him appear in my subconscious and it's as if he never left. We talk and do things as if it were real, it's very strange but my only explanation is that because I missed my meds yesterday, my subconscious and reality seem to work hand in hand.

And if it weren't for the physical items he's left behind and the additional ink that rests on my skin, i would be certain the past week was a dream. I'm still riding on cloud 9 and spent most of the night telling my friends from my previous company about him and how our paths crossed.

Seriously, it seems almost impossible for anyone to have such an impact on another but it's a feeling i can't explain. I remember we had lengthy conversations even back when we were just 13. So in reality, we've been in one anothers' lives for 15 years and it took 13 years apart for it to be just right.

Uh-oh... i've turned into one of those mushy love stories!

I don't know what it is about him but he makes me so happy and he's everything that i've ever wanted in a man [yes i know i've said it before. But hey in my slight tipsy state, if i can say it to his father face on when we all went out to dinner on Thursday... there is no shame].

But i haven't spent this little time with any ONE individual and felt so sure about myself.

It's as if everything clicked and for that week we were invincible. It was only on Friday that Reality hit and there were disturbances that made us realise Time was not on our side. It was as if the universe was keeping us in check and with random things happening to us during the day and the night before, it so happened to have lifted the rose tinted lenses from our sight.

*Sigh*

BUT i'm not going to try and over-analyze, i'm just going to ride on this feeling for as long as i can. So as i sit at home surrounded by my past and accompanied by the soothing voice of Corinne Bailey Rae, i can't imagine what it MIGHT be like for him on the other side of the world and the issues he has to deal with concerning his past.

Life works in mysterious ways and only Time will tell. Patience is a virtue BUT i think it's still up to us to fight for what we want.

I know it's totally crazy but if i look back at every person i've met thus far everyone pails in comparison to him. I only wish for us to see one another soon and for us to be together because it's not every day that this kinda shit happens.

No comments: