Sunday, July 01, 2007

... the start of better things to come.

The one thing i absolutely detest with a passion is having to tidy my place. My self proclaimed pack rat tendencies and clutter queen qualities is one of the many reasons why my apartment is so crowded.

As if it were calculated and engraved in fate, i chose to stay at home today and tidy instead of going over to a friend's place to laze around beside the pool [which i had agreed to tag along].

It had rained earlier but the sun had come back out in full glory by mid afternoon. Which only increased the humidity by a few notches. So with both the front and balcony door wide open i was able to release whatever bad energy i've managed to trap. The ceiling fan was set at its highest but it did absolutely bollicks in its attempt to bring down the temperature.

My iPod was hooked up to my tv and blaring my favorite tunes, which made my Tidy Mission feel less like a drag even though i was sweating bullets.

I then spent nearly 5 hours tidying/vacuuming/wiping/throwing random things. And although i'm not 100% done with this impulse spring clean, i have to say there is definitely an improvement and a reason to celebrate.

BUT WAIT! That's not all of it...

As i was cleaning my way to the front door, there was this moment... a moment that i can only describe as very peaceful. There was this cool fresh breeze that came out of no where and as it entered through the front door it brushed passed me...

And almost instantly i had this gut feeling that today [July 1st] would be the first day of better things to come.

The intensity was similar to those times when i was a teen and i had said when i'm 27 something good will happen. Not knowing then or now what that thing might be. So let's just hope i managed to close the doors in time.

...

Now that i think about it, it's actually freaking me out! Oh my fucking gawd, i'm starting to scare myself.

*thinks happy thoughts*

No comments: