Sunday, July 22, 2007

It died-ed trying...

Today is Sunday [the Day to Rest] and where am i? Cross-legged and on my office chair listening to the NRG 6 album mixed by John Ferris on full blast. Feeling exceptionally emo and in need to ruffle up some past thoughts.

I told my client that i'd email her the changes to the 24 page booklet as .pdfs today. But what time exactly... i didn't specify. My start-up disk is full and refuses to save my work... it's damn irritating!

Super procrastination is the topic for the day but with the combined lack of sleep, it's only left me delirious. And as a special treat, i thought i'd entertain you by sharing a bollocky Show and Tell.

I'm sure it was not deliberate. And by the looks of it, it was quick and painless. But to add more draMA to this wannabe-murder mystery, i've decided to add a dash of 'soap opera' twist.

Ah dunno what happened!
.
.
.
So, after a close examination, this itty, bitty gecko [not much longer than 4cm from snout to tail] hasn't even budged and has positioned itself vertically for at least the last week or so. I would have no idea how to check the gender, so since this is my story, i declare it a her.

*Insert one of those cheesy dramatic Bold & the Beautiful type melodies *

[MALE VOICE OVER]: ... And just as she is about to embark on her journey, Life draws out her final card but like a cruel joke, she is forced to accept that she...



"...canNOT make it!"


This modern day Indiana Jones character, leaps up off the ground and only narrowly misses it's imprint on the carpet surface by a size 38 rubber sole. A cruel twist of fate, allows a felt folio bag to accidently slam itself against that very section and instead of celebrating a freedom, the area has now been notorious for drive-by murders.


:: THE END ::



Seriously, how fucked up is that!? It's like Russian Roulette, one tends to forget how fragile ones' life really is until the very last moments and like a hit or miss kind of situation each time, one only hopes that Fate has dealt you decent cards.

Don't mind me... I know i'm talking all sorts of shit and is making all of this up [except for the dead gecko which is SERIOUSLY mummified against the bookshelf]. And yes! I am finding every excuse to avoid doing what i have to do and that is to get my arse back into gear and get back to work!

No comments: