Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday over feeds my stress ball.

Monday could not have been any worse. I was [T H I S] close to not coming into work because i wasn't feeling too good.

But for some reason, i found myself getting changed and dragging my sorry arse to work.

The minute i get to work i was confronted with back-to-back deadlines throughout the day. [Forgive me if this post is oozing with negativity but i seriously need to get this out of my system].

So anyway, not only am i convinced that i've inherited a menopausal client but i'm certain she suffers from OCD as well. Then i'm yelled at over the phone for not being at her beck and call.

My life does not evolve around work... although at the rate that it's going, i won't be too far off. Obviously, that is not a good start to anyone's week. And clearly one would think that it would be fair that if i had a 12 o'clock deadline for another job, i would be allowed to call the woman back. [It was 11am] 1 hour was all i asked for even though i knew it wasn't enough time.

BUT I DO HAVE OTHER CLIENTS! Why do they think they are the only ones!?

But noOOOoooo... Satan's mother HAD to get the changes then and there. NO BUTS! Never mind that she keeps making changes and giving bits and pieces here and there. She even threatened to take away the job because she thought we couldn't handle it.

HellooOooo, it's not that we can't handle it. It's the endless changes and unnecessary drama that gets everyone worked up. Anyway, i'm trying to persuade the woman to let me call her back in 15 minutes. I don't think it wasn't asking too much.

5 minutes later. She calls my other colleague to check what's going on.

I then spend the next hour and a bit on the phone painstakingly going through the numerous pages to do the copy changes and editing. Never mind that i was 2 hours late on my other deadline. One would think it would be easier just to deliver the marked pages.

AND THEN to add to my stress, emails were coming in from another client asking where the FAs for the ads were.

It's moments like these i so wish i had more patience. I wish i was more relaxed as AnBloodyMumNohMore or even had my ANGER LEVELS reset to zero. I've been known to not handle stressful situations very well and have to be constantly reminded to 'breathe'.

SERIOUSLY... CAN EVERYONE JUST CALM THE FUCK DOWN!
*inhale* 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... *E X H A L E*
.
.
.

So instead of drowning my sorrows after work, what do i do? Head to the supermarket!

Yes i know... so sad.

2 comments:

Mand_Mand said...

Supermarket? Uhhhh, I just love strolling down the isle of Cold storage. Ahh bliss!

winkris said...

Yea! I always end up leaving with more than what's on my shopping list... that's probably why i end up there practically every day.

For some reason, my life seems to evolve around kitty litter.