Saturday, July 07, 2007

Long Island Tea and half the night gone.


I am absolutely wrecked no thanks to my smart arse idea to drink long island tea last night. It reminds me of those days at Brannigans way back in the early 90s.

Last night i was feeling slightly generous and opted to say no to beer once we walked into the club. I'm thinking i should have probably stuck to my guns but oh well. The waiter managed to convince me that 2 jugs for RM80 was worthwhile and it didn't take much negotiating since i agreed pretty much the second he finished the question.

Looking like a bit of an alcoholic i managed to finish the first jug in no time. It so happened that everybody wasn't in a drinking mood, so i happily sipped away. In fact the jugs were meant to be shared but i found myself with the straw practically attached to my lips.

Can't remember the second half of the night and i only have a few photographs to prove that i was standing up right. Although i'm not sure for how long since apparently i was talking jibberish at one point. I shamelessly created streaks on the side of Chook's car and what was once consumed is now basking in the sunlight just outside my front door.

Not good... not good.

Even though i've cut down on my drinking, i realised it's nearly impossible to stop at just one. Much like a chain smoker, i am forever in search of my next drink even before i've finished. It's not very often i get blind drunk as i'm usually the last one standing and can usually remember most details.

But i agreed to go to the twins' birthday party tonight and i foresee a very wasted evening ahead. And at this moment in time, alcohol is not my friend and frequent lie downs are a must!

No comments: